Ultimaker 2 extended: raise build plate command lowers the build plate?!

Speckles

Posted · Ultimaker 2 extended: raise build plate command lowers the build plate?!

So I went to maintenance advanced options to raise the build plate, and it instead lowered it, and made a horrible grinding sound when it did it, any idea what went wrong? 
I recently removed this custom build plate that had magnetic build plate installed on it. How can I fix the issue?

Posted · Ultimaker 2 extended: raise build plate command lowers the build plate?!

Hi @Speckles,

Hmm, maybe the Z end stop screw (installed on the heat bed at the right side of the Z axe screw) is out of adjustment after removal of the magnetic build plate somehow? 

If you lift up the bed, you should see this screw (under the bed, on the right side of the rotating Z axe) going through the bed about sticking about 15 mm down under the bed.

This screw will hit the Z stop switch (located under the printer) and is actually making the low limit of the Z axis.

When you go to the maintenance menu and want to move the bed up, the bed will first move toward the stop in order to "synchronize" the bed to the Z axis start position (the low limit), -then it's ready to be moved up. So if the stop switch is missing it will hit the "hard bottom" and make lots of noise.. 

I'll think this is what happen.

Thanks

Torgeir

40 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Hi @Speckles,

Hmm, maybe the Z end stop screw (installed on the heat bed at the right side of the Z axe screw) is out of adjustment after removal of the magnetic build plate somehow? 

If you lift up the bed, you should see this screw (under the bed, on the right side of the rotating Z axe) going through the bed about sticking about 15 mm down under the bed.

This screw will hit the Z stop switch (located under the printer) and is actually making the low limit of the Z axis.

When you go to the maintenance menu and want to move the bed up, the bed will first move toward the stop in order to "synchronize" the bed to the Z axis start position (the low limit), -then it's ready to be moved up. So if the stop switch is missing it will hit the "hard bottom" and make lots of noise.. 

I'll think this is what happen.

Thanks

Torgeir

You are a lifesaver. So turns out when I was jiggling the heatbed around during installation I must have pushed the little lever at least once. I pushed it one more time and now it's sorted. Never noticed that hole before or screw  for that matter. Now I am acutely aware! Thank you !