ultimaker 2+connect heated room?

Posted · ultimaker 2+connect heated room?

I am having some small adhesion problem in the upper layers with technical materials

I wonder if anyone has tried to somehow heat the inside of the printer (I currently have it fully closed) to improve adhesion

Thanks

You should be careful with the temperature inside your printer, because the stepper motors don't like higher temperatures. So keep the inside temperature below 50°C to be on the safe side.

Regarding your adhesion problem, can you give us more information?

14 minutes ago, Smithy said:

You should be careful with the temperature inside your printer, because the stepper motors don't like higher temperatures. So keep the inside temperature below 50°C to be on the safe side.

Regarding your adhesion problem, can you give us more information?

Thanks for your interest

I am using nylstrong with ruby nozzle 0.6mm at 260 degrees

In the upper layers, I notice that it should work at least 270 degrees to have a good finish but I can't find a way to raise the temperature of the nozzle. I thought about heating the inside of the printer to achieve something similar without increasing the temperature of the nozzle

I have the printer completely closed at the top and front, which has helped a lot with other materials such as ASA for a perfect finish.

Thanks

There is an upper limit for the nozzle heater in the firmware, but I am not sure whats the limit.

But increasing the inside temp will not help in my opinion, it helps against warping or layer delamination, but nothing more. And be careful that you don't go over 50°C, so fully closed is not the best choice,

38 minutes ago, Smithy said:

There is an upper limit for the nozzle heater in the firmware, but I am not sure whats the limit.

But increasing the inside temp will not help in my opinion, it helps against warping or layer delamination, but nothing more. And be careful that you don't go over 50°C, so fully closed is not the best choice,

Do you know how you could modify the firmware to be able to raise the temperature of the nozzle a bit?

Thanks!

There is no way for the UM2+C and it is good so. Keep in mind that some parts of the head don't like such high temperatures. So when you often print at the max temp then you will soon have to replace the coupler in the print head because that's first part which deforms quickly at high temperatures.

The data sheet of the filament says 255°C, so I see no need to go higher than 270?

And be careful with reinforced filament, the UM2+C has not a hardened feeder wheel, like the s-line printers and can wear out quickly if print too much of such materials.

Another hint regarding Nylon. This material absorbs humidity very quickly, so you should store it always in a dry box or sealed bag. If your spool is "wet" it can also be a reason for a not so good print result.