Ultimaker Cura 4.10

fvrmr

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.10

I have problems since the 4.9. version,and it's still happening to me in this 4.10. update, every single time i open an STL file by the foder button or taking the file and throw into the Cura interface, the program starts loading for one sec, and then it exits. It doesn´'t give me any error code, it just close. This is frustrating i´'m stuck in the 4.8 version, which works, but i want to be updated for the new functions.

PC: Alienware 13R2 2016

CPU: Intel Core i7 6500U 2.60Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GTX960M 2Gb

RAM: Kingston 8Gb (2x 4Gb)

3D Printer: Anet

Model: A8 Mk1

Software: Marlin

Edited by superstreet1134
More info

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.10

Hi guys, this has been happening for a while, in previous versions too. I select my printer, Creality CR-6 SE. Then I select as material eSun PLA+ (for example). Immediately the standard profile changes into "Not supported". Why?

Screenshot 2021-07-05 052505.jpg

So possibly the printer uses one type of filament diameter (say 1.75mm) and possibly you chose a 3mm diameter filament?  Just a guess.

10 hours ago, fcosenti said:

Hi guys, this has been happening for a while, in previous versions too. I select my printer, Creality CR-6 SE. Then I select as material eSun PLA+ (for example). Immediately the standard profile changes into "Not supported". Why?

Screenshot 2021-07-05 052505.jpg

Because no-one created quality profiles for PLA+.

On 6/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, rromano158 said:

Well, I tried several times today to install 4.10.0 from 4.9.1, and the first time I tried the installation asked if I wanted to delete 4.9.1, so I clicked "Yes" (unfortunately). Of the three times I have tried to install this new version it shows it has installed, but when it appears to be starting up it ALWAYS hangs up at the screen saying "Updating configuration". I've left it there for an hour the first time, 20 minutes the second, and only a minute the last time before uninstalling it and trying to reinstall. I haven't had this problem before when changing from an older to newer version of Cura.

I’m also having the same issue please help.

Before seeing this thread I posted that I've

just downloaded 4.10 (file

Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe, 196,987 KB) but it won't execute.

2 hours ago, terrypin said:

Before seeing this thread I posted that I've

just downloaded 4.10 (file

Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe, 196,987 KB) but it won't execute.

I am having the same problem. Cura 4.9.1 worked fine.

Windows 10 Pro Dell Optiplex 9020 x64, 8g RAM.

You have asked others for Log files. Since the program never launches, there are no log files. Message says "Initializing package manager". I have waited for an hour and nothing happens.

Have installed the 4.10 and discovered the following problems:

- Cannot change the Nozzle size anymore. I have only 0.6 available in the options

- The filtering of settings list doesn't work properly any more.

As of now the 4.10 is unusable.

If I open the 4.9 version none of these problems exists.

Hope you can fix it soon.

Edited by radpod

7 hours ago, radpod said:

- Cannot change the Nozzle size anymore. I have only 0.6 available in the options

Since the number of available nozzle sizes (variants) depends on the type of printer you have configured, we can't diagnose this without knowing what printer you use. Does the definition for that printer come with Cura, or did you install it yourself?

7 hours ago, radpod said:

- The filtering of settings list doesn't work properly any more.

We don't know what "doesn't work properly" means. What seems to have changes? What do you expect to happen, and what happens instead?

On 7/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, drew said:

Since the program never launches, there are no log files.

I suspect there is indeed a log file despite the GUI not appearing.  Depending on your operating system, log file is here:

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows), or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log
    $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (OSX)
    $USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (Ubuntu/Linux)

On 7/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, gr5 said:

You probably have to do it before you crash.  The folder is here:

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows), or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log
    $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (OSX)
    $USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (Ubuntu/Linux)

GR5 Thank you for your help. I have located and attached the log file.the .log file

cura.log

12 hours ago, drew said:

I have located and attached the log file

The log shows that you tried to launch Cura on 2021-07-09 at 10:46 and it failed because it could not find required files part of the install. In other words: installation somehow did not put all the files in place. But then from 10:49 on (after a reinstall?) it looks like you got it working, placing and slicing a garage soap dish. So it looks like you got there in the end?

I sliced and printed a small stl files. I am not getting any error codes either. The print looks well.

Edited by wim2008
    • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:31 AM, superstreet1134 said:

I have problems since the 4.9. version,and it's still happening to me in this 4.10. update, every single time i open an STL file by the foder button or taking the file and throw into the Cura interface, the program starts loading for one sec, and then it exits. It doesn´'t give me any error code, it just close. This is frustrating i´'m stuck in the 4.8 version, which works, but i want to be updated for the new functions.

I have the same problem after the release of version 4.9 .... But it is also ignored by the developers. The laptop is not old, it is only 1 year old, but the developers do not want to look for the problem, since there are very few such users.

At the same time, 4.9 and 4.10 versions work on an old laptop.

But the old laptop has a screen of only 11 inches and the work on it is very uncomfortable.

------------------------

Cleaning the registries and the System as a whole does not solve the problem.

This attitude towards users is disappointing.

Problem on laptop ASUS N580VD .

In any reference book you can find out the complete set of the laptop.To understand the problem of this year's updates.

It is not possible to contact support.

They're made of such a filter is that such a problem can not be registered.

Therefore, you yourself see, even in this thread, you were not noticed and DO NOT WANT to notice. Probably a smart programmer resigned from this company and they are now something pytajutsja do not have the knowledge to repair the damaged this year's software.

Have you opened an issue on Github?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/new/choose

• Like 1

I cannot open a request because the system does not allow my request there.

1) I do not have the files required of me.

I run a utility that completely checks all drives and paths in the search cura.log.

The file is missing from the system.

On this my appeal is closed in the form that is asked of me

Why solve the problem if I can't give.

I found myself guilty that the program completely closes when trying to download any STL.

At the same time, she does not even leave a hint of why she does it.

But for 4.8 and below, this problem is not installed and works flawlessly.

2) I do not know of any other way of contacting in the absence of the files requested from me.

And there they don't give me versions of getting advice on the problem - the Great Wall of China.

We are few - for whom updates do not work, but we exist !!!!!!

And this problem was not provoked by us.

Edited by rv0arm

the only thing I have

dxdiagcura.zip

It is easy to find the Cura.log file. 

Open Cura, got to the HELP menu, there you find a topic with Show configuration folder, click on it.

Then am explorer window opens with the folder and there you find the Cura.log file.

You should also understand that a log file is needed to get more informations about the problem. Just to say it is not working is not enough to find and reproduce an failure, so it is fully understandable that they need this information.

Anyway, now you know where to find the Cura.log file and you should be able to open an issue again on Github.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rv0arm said:

I have the same problem after the release of version 4.9 .... But it is also ignored by the developers. The laptop is not old, it is only 1 year old, but the developers do not want to look for the problem, since there are very few such users.

At the same time, 4.9 and 4.10 versions work on an old laptop.

But the old laptop has a screen of only 11 inches and the work on it is very uncomfortable.

------------------------

Cleaning the registries and the System as a whole does not solve the problem.

This attitude towards users is disappointing.

Problem on laptop ASUS N580VD .

In any reference book you can find out the complete set of the laptop.To understand the problem of this year's updates.

It is not possible to contact support.

They're made of such a filter is that such a problem can not be registered.

Therefore, you yourself see, even in this thread, you were not noticed and DO NOT WANT to notice. Probably a smart programmer resigned from this company and they are now something pytajutsja do not have the knowledge to repair the damaged this year's software.

There are various means to contact support. One of them is github, the other is contacting our support directly. You can find the email on the website.

There are also various other reports of this on the forum, all of them answered. We even made a specific help page about the issue, since the issue isn't caused by Cura: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402996140946-Ultimaker-Cura-crashes-when-opening-any-file

So before claiming that the developers don't care about problems or don't want to solve them, i would kindly request you to first look at if the question has been asked before and has been answered. I understand that it's frustrating that if something doesn't work, but i hope you can understand that the claims that you make are also quite frustrating.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nallath said:

We even made a specific help page about the issue

The help page has a typo. There's a space between the '/' and the 'u' in "regsvr32 /u". Also I don't think you are supposed to type regsvr32 /u "path (C:\Program Files...etc)", but instead regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files...etc"

Edited by ahoeben
    • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ahoeben said:

The help page has a typo. There's a space between the '/' and the 'u' in "regsvr32 /u". Also I don't think you are supposed to type regsvr32 /u "path (C:\Program Files...etc)", but instead regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files...etc"

Whoops. Thanks for reporting it. I've forwarded it to the right people.

The page has been updated! Thank you @ahoeben

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:16 AM, DrBwts said:

Ulimaker S3, Windows 10, x64

So, I upgraded yesterday & now my printer is complaining that that files were created by a version of Cura earlier than 4.4 & I should save them as a 4.4 or higher.

I dont see any option in settings or elsewhere to set what version the files are saved as.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've also been having this issue, and I think it also corresponded with either upgrading Cura to 4.10, or upgrading the firmware on my s3 to the latest version (I did both around the same time, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly when this message started popping up).

It doesn't prevent me from printing the files (I just have to tell the printer to Ignore) but it is a little annoying when I'm trying to print remotely, since I have to be where the printer is to start the print due to this issue.

I'm using an MP10 fdm printer with custom settings and recently it has Been printing stuff that looks like plastic "sponge" similar looking to support material which means I cant really print anything useful and this has been happening on all versions any idea why?

"sponge" sounds like "underextrusion" and has too many causes.  I mean here are some examples for a different printer but many of these will be relevant for your printer: