Ultimaker Cura 4.10

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.10
20 hours ago, joeborrello said:

I've also been having this issue, and I think it also corresponded with either upgrading Cura to 4.10, or upgrading the firmware on my s3 to the latest version (I did both around the same time, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly when this message started popping up).

It doesn't prevent me from printing the files (I just have to tell the printer to Ignore) but it is a little annoying when I'm trying to print remotely, since I have to be where the printer is to start the print due to this issue.

What firmware version are you using? 

On 6/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, DrBwts said:

Ulimaker S3, Windows 10, x64

So, I upgraded yesterday & now my printer is complaining that that files were created by a version of Cura earlier than 4.4 & I should save them as a 4.4 or higher.

I dont see any option in settings or elsewhere to set what version the files are saved as.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have the same issue

On 7/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, joeborrello said:

I've also been having this issue, and I think it also corresponded with either upgrading Cura to 4.10, or upgrading the firmware on my s3 to the latest version (I did both around the same time, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly when this message started popping up).

It doesn't prevent me from printing the files (I just have to tell the printer to Ignore) but it is a little annoying when I'm trying to print remotely, since I have to be where the printer is to start the print due to this issue.

Update the firmware. We made a mistake a long time ago, but never noticed it. So basicly it would check for the first number that it found after the first dot. So 4.10 is seen by that firmware as 4.1

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nallath said:

So basicly it would check for the first number that it found after the first dot. So 4.10 is seen by that firmware as 4.1

Ah, the "Windows 9x" school of programming 😉

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 3:47 PM, fvrmr said:

Cura keeps crashing every time i start it up or enlarge/rotate an object its making 3d printing impossible can anyone help? 👀

22 hours ago, nallath said:

We made a mistake a long time ago, but never noticed it.

Perhaps someone thought it would never exist a .10 version. Thanks for pointing out! It is a very common mistake and I also did it sometimes in similar cases 😁

• Like 1

Windows 10 x64, Ender 3 Pro, nvidia  RTX 3070
    after slicing, Layer mode is now useless.

I have a model with 652 layers and when I look at it in layer view, if I rewind the playbacj for the print strategy I only get the last layer. 

I used to be able to see the animation of the whole build in 4.3.  

Layer view is now useless

2 hours ago, degsme said:

Windows 10 x64, Ender 3 Pro, nvidia  RTX 3070
    after slicing, Layer mode is now useless.

I have a model with 652 layers and when I look at it in layer view, if I rewind the playbacj for the print strategy I only get the last layer. 

I used to be able to see the animation of the whole build in 4.3.  

Layer view is now useless

You're going to need to give a bit more info. Do you have log files? Did you check the preferences to see if any of the simulation options are enabled?

• Like 1

Hi.

I cannot save my print preferences profile. When I select "Create a profile from the current settings", a window appears asking for the name of the new profile, I enter any name, after which 1) the profile does not appear 2) all settings are reset to Standart Quality.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.10

I have an issue where models that previously printed fine are now exhibiting a problem on my Ultimaker S5 (if it matters). At the end of the print, two of the last two (different) designs resulted in the print head colliding with the top of the print. I'd never seen this one before, and it began showing up on Cure 4.10.0.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by gpitts

On 8/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, BarrelOne said:

Hi.

I cannot save my print preferences profile. When I select "Create a profile from the current settings", a window appears asking for the name of the new profile, I enter any name, after which 1) the profile does not appear 2) all settings are reset to Standart Quality.

Please report issues on github (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/new/choose) and fill in the template, we will need more info to debug this.

11 hours ago, gpitts said:

I have an issue where models that previously printed fine are now exhibiting a problem on my Ultimaker S5 (if it matters). At the end of the print, two of the last two (different) designs resulted in the print head colliding with the top of the print. I'd never seen this one before, and it began showing up on Cure 4.10.0.

Anyone else seeing this?

I've done some prints on the S5 recently, i didn't see this. Could you provide more info (it's easiest for us if you also create an issue on github)

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.10

I installed 4.10 yesterday. I sell some of the same prints online. I grabbed my stl file, sliced, and OMG.. the same file... using the supposedly same default fine 2.0 settings went from 13 hours to 23 hours.. What's up with that?

no changes to the file. same draft fast 0.2mm print profile, same plugins... 

this is a real bummer. 

And more stringing. I even tried with a brand new spool of PLA straight out of the dessicator. Nope. 4.10.0 defaults are not working 4.9.1 defaults are perfect. 

i'm going back to 4.9.1.

fyi, I updated the s5 firmware and the cura at the same time. 

p.s. I don't like the change to the layer view, I need to see the layers being laid down as I scroll through them using the vertical. it helped me see problems much more easily than the way it is in 4.10 now. 

Edited by kayakbabe

10 hours ago, kayakbabe said:

I installed 4.10 yesterday. I sell some of the same prints online. I grabbed my stl file, sliced, and OMG.. the same file... using the supposedly same default fine 2.0 settings went from 13 hours to 23 hours.. What's up with that?

Could you create a ticket on the Cura issue tracker and add the project file that has the issue? You can do that here https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/new/choose

10 hours ago, kayakbabe said:

p.s. I don't like the change to the layer view, I need to see the layers being laid down as I scroll through them using the vertical. it helped me see problems much more easily than the way it is in 4.10 now. 

What do you mean? We didn't change the way that the layerview works.

Is there any benefit upgrading to 4.10 if not on subsciption?

4 hours ago, AndersK said:

Is there any benefit upgrading to 4.10 if not on subsciption?

Flow visualization is new in 4.10. There are also a number of bugfixes. You can see the entire list here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/4.10.0

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we just released Ultimaker Cura 4.11. Beta! You can find the forum post, release notes and other information via this link!

Argh, no, please don't you start too!

4.11 != 4.1.1

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Argh, no, please don't you start too!

4.11 != 4.1.1

Fixed! 

• Like 2