Firmware 6.5.0 for the S-line printers is released today

Szahari

Posted (edited) · Firmware 6.5.0 for the S-line printers is released today

Hi all,

We've released 6.5.0 for the S-line printers to the latest firmware channel. There's some real nice updates in there, check out the release notes page.

Just to highlight a few:

• Scan USB drive for material profiles. It will now be possible to add a material profile to the S-line printer from a USB drive. The printer can update its material list with any missing material profiles found in the print job files (UFP files) of an inserted USB stick. Import the profile by navigating to maintenance -> import material profiles. This allows for offline synchronizing of material profiles

• Refresh screen on ER998. The ER998 errors show up when an unknown exception is raised. The error only affects the printer screen. The printer remains operational and can still print and be operated remotely. The ER998 screen now offers a refresh screen option which can be used safely when the error is raised, even during printing

As always, let us know how you get along with this new and improved firmware!

Edited by Szahari
  • Like 2

Posted · Firmware 6.5.0 for the S-line printers is released today

Hi,

Is there a known issue? I've updated from 6.4.1 to 6.5 and since then, the Air Manager doesn't works. It works properly, no material or something other inside. It turns like normal (have a video). The machine has the same distance to the wall like before. But always an ERR86 is showing and I must restart the machine everytime.

I go back to 6.4.1 and change the filter. But nothing works.

Some ideas?

Hi Roli,

Could you send in a ticket please?

If the ER86 is persistant, it could be that you have been affected by a fan issue. You can read more about it here.

Key information:

Note: If the tips above have not helped to resolve the error message, there could be a hardware problem with the Air Manager fan. Ultimaker is investigating these issues and is looking at the batch numbers of the fans. You can help by sharing your Air Manager fan’s batch number with Ultimaker Support. The document below describes how to remove the filter housing and how to open it up to access the fan.

When opening the ticket, please share follow the provided instructions and share the fan batch number. If confirmed as part of our ongoing hypothesis, we'll replace the fan for you.

Cheers.

Hello,

I updated the printer yesterday (S5 Bundle) and had no issues with the air manager so far (2 prints done).

The flow sensor based material loading is definitely recognizeable as the loading procedure seems to be much quicker.

Noticed two little bugs so far:

1. When I came back to the printer this morning (already updated to 6.5 yesterday) it told me a new firmware update is available, version 6.4.1. Needless to say I pressed "ignore" and so far the message didn't pop up again, it also doesn't offer the firmware "downgrade" in the settings.

2. In the setting "About this printer" (or similar, it's "Über diesen Drucker" in German) all values for print core 1 are way to high, see attached image. Values for print core 2 are reasonable. Found this by accident, so I dont know if this was already the case before the update.

Drucker.jpg

Hello, I upgraded my S5 Pro Bundle to 6.5.0 and since then my printer is in sleep mode. I can't do anything with the screen since it's only showing "Ultimaker S5". I tried pluging and unpluging but nothing works.

PLEASE HELP.

Unplug the air handler and material station and reboot it a few more times.  Give it 5 or 10 minutes each time (no more).  If it still won't boot you need to do the recovery procedure which involves uSD.  Contact your reseller as there are dangerous voltages in S5 printers.  What country are you in Nicko?

I'd buy an 8GB uSD right this minute (possibly issues if over 32GB) if you don't already have one.  In fact get at least two because if your flash partitions got damaged the recovery can get more complicated and it saves a lot of time to have to uSD cards.  more info here but I suspect you can recover the normal way:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20024-recovering-a-bricked-um3/

and if that doesn't work more details here:

http://gr5.org/unbricking/

Thank you ! I'm in Canada. My reseller is Shop 3D.ca

I know those guys.  Smart.  They should be able to set you up with the procedure (it's a pdf they can send you) along with the location of the recovery image but you'll probably have to locate or buy a uSD card.

On 7/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, gr5 said:

Unplug the air handler and material station and reboot it a few more times.  Give it 5 or 10 minutes each time (no more).  If it still won't boot you need to do the recovery procedure which involves uSD.  Contact your reseller as there are dangerous voltages in S5 printers.  What country are you in Nicko?

I'd buy an 8GB uSD right this minute (possibly issues if over 32GB) if you don't already have one.  In fact get at least two because if your flash partitions got damaged the recovery can get more complicated and it saves a lot of time to have to uSD cards.  more info here but I suspect you can recover the normal way:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20024-recovering-a-bricked-um3/

and if that doesn't work more details here:

http://gr5.org/unbricking/

Hey gr5! I unplugged the machine for 5-10 minutes like you said and it worked ! The Printer is now running normaly.

Why 5 to 10 minutes worked and not a couple seconds ? What's the difference ?

11 minutes ago, Nicko_Airbus said:

Why 5 to 10 minutes worked and not a couple seconds ? What's the difference ?

The power supply has a lot of capacitors that store the energy and slowly release it after shutdown. So when you are too fast with the power cycle it happens that the electronics behind still get enough power from the capacitors to continue their work.

• Like 1

lol!  No I meant let it try to boot for at least 10 minutes.  when you upgrade sometimes the upgrade procedure reads all your matieral profiles and translates them (or something) to the latest format for the latest firmware.  That step can take 5 or 10 minutes for some reason.

But seriously - severaly people have had problems with upgrades but when they power cycle the printer 2 or 3 more times suddenly it is working fine.  I have no idea why.

• Like 1

Yesterday I printed PLA with breakaway. The print was nearly finished when I watched the printer. An hour later i wanted to take the print form the buildplate.

I wondered why the air manager fan is still running.... Then I saw that the print core with PLA was still "orange" and had 175°C. I dont know why but the printer have hold this temperature after the print was finished.

This happend to me the first time. Anybody an Idea why?

By the way:

UMS5 Bundle, Ultimaker Filament, Ultimker Cura 4.1, Engigeneer Profile.

Hi everyone, we released a performance and stability update for the Ultimaker S-line printers and products; firmware 6.5.1. If you are interested you can read more about it here.

Have a great day! 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:13 AM, Jonas98 said:

Yesterday I printed PLA with breakaway. The print was nearly finished when I watched the printer. An hour later i wanted to take the print form the buildplate.

I wondered why the air manager fan is still running.... Then I saw that the print core with PLA was still "orange" and had 175°C. I dont know why but the printer have hold this temperature after the print was finished.

This happend to me the first time. Anybody an Idea why?

By the way:

UMS5 Bundle, Ultimaker Filament, Ultimker Cura 4.1, Engigeneer Profile.

Hi Jonas, thank you for your message. It doesn't sound familiar to me. Could you share the log files so our product experts could take a look? Thanks! 

Posted (edited) · Firmware 6.5.0 for the S-line printers is released today
    On 8/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, SandervG said:

Hi Jonas, thank you for your message. It doesn't sound familiar to me. Could you share the log files so our product experts could take a look? Thanks! 

Yesterday I updated to 6.5.1. If it happens again I upload the log files.

Edited by Jonas98
    • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:09 PM, Winchester said:

Noticed two little bugs so far:

2. In the setting "About this printer" (or similar, it's "Über diesen Drucker" in German) all values for print core 1 are way to high, see attached image. Values for print core 2 are reasonable. Found this by accident, so I dont know if this was already the case before the update.

Drucker.jpg

hey @Winchester Ultimaker is just barely 10 years old so a 12 year old printcore does seem a bit far fetched indeed. Also printcores are normally limited to 350 degC.

I haven't seen this before in all the time since we made the bit of code that handles this (and that bit has barely changed), while it is technically possible to overwrite those values with the right gcode commands, this shouldn't hurt anything (the data is just for diagnostics), the static(important for operation) data is kept on separate pages and should be fine.

The only moment you have a problem with it is if you want to sell the printer, since it is a decent indication of usage (normally) in that case you can now refer to this post I guess. just for that one 80CDF5360000 printcore though 😛