Lift switch calibration fail

amysyu

Posted · Lift switch calibration fail

I follow the instruction to calibrate the lift switch. For the second step (after parking the switch to the bay), the system try to release and lift the nozzle by itself. The lift switch is very far away from the bay so it couldn't perform the action (release and lift the switch). and then, I retry it, the system will shut down it self. 

Not sure what to do here.. 

Maybe show a video of the problem.  I've done this a few times and it always works perfectly.  You need to "shove" the head switch into the lift mechanism before continuing the procedure.

If it still doesn't work after a few tries, try to do "reset all printer settings" and then try again (you will lose your XY calibration data).

• Like 1

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/w2qH2d50O9E

Thanks! 

But it seems your issue could be solved with calibrating the lift switch. You said in your initial post that it doesn't work for you, but why?

You need to move the head by hand to the bracket and move it so close that the switch fits into the bracket. When I remember correctly, then you have to confirm it on the display and then the printer does the lift switch on his own after homing the head.

This is what happened during the lift switch calibration. After I confirm the lift switch is parked in the bay and it try to perform the action (release and lift) but it is very far away from the bay so it won’t do the release and lift. And then I retry, the system is forced to shut down 

Here is the whole process:

https://youtu.be/rOUEciPVph0

I see, ok your problem is not the lift switch calibration you have a problem when the head moves in the x/y direction. You can see that the print head doesn't move smoothly, it stutters several times on its way.

Maybe a pulley is loose and you loose "steps" when the head moves from his home position to the lift switch. 

Let me look for a video or support document, but this should be checked in the first step.

Is this a new printer or have you already printed with it?

Thanks!! This is a brand new printer. 

Ok, then the chance that just a pulley is loose is much higher, because it also makes troubles during printing. 

Check all the pulleys on all axles, there are small set screws, tighten all of them, I guess one of them is loose and the pulley spins on the axles. (not sure if that's the correct phrase in English, but I hope you know what I mean)

It's quite late now in my time zone and I need some sleep, but the community operates on the principle "follow the sun" (just kidding, we're all here voluntarily), so maybe @gr5 or someone else perhaps follow up if you have any more questions. 

Good luck in the meantime....

Thanks!! it works... Now the filament will not come out from the nozzle. 

During the load process?

Can you give us some more information.

Wow - 2 problems with a brand new printer? This is really rare.  Even just having loose set screws is rare.  They have to be very very tight by the way - particularly the ones on the stepper - so tight you are afraid something might break (the screw or the tool).

You should contact your reseller about the filament thing.  They should have support staff.  I have an S5 but without the material station so I'm not an expert on that whole procedure.

Does the filament reach the print head?  Does it come out of the nozzle when you are loading the filament (part of the procedure - you are supposed to click when the filament starts coming out).  Are the feeders closed?  Each of the 2 feeders have a lever that needs to be in the down position.  In the up position the feeders are like a car in neutral - you can slide filament through in that position.