Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Abort Print takes SO LONG + Finished print sequence

Bigbrit

Posted (edited) · Abort Print takes SO LONG + Finished print sequence

Can someone tell me why the UMS5 abort sequence takes SO LONG?

Often I want to restart the print anyways and everything starts to cool down during abort only to heat up again for a reprint.  Having the menu greyed out during this time is frustrating as I want to just get on with reprinting.  Seriously I think the abort and reprint sequence is over 10 minutes!

The finish sequence is also unnecessarily long.  I understand the cooldown part, but why is the bed still raised during this sequence? the nozzle is oozing filament for a little while which ends up being attached to my print as everything cools down just mm underneath the print head.  Why cant the print bed cool in the lower position or the print head move to home for the cooldown sequence?

Edited by Bigbrit

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Abort Print takes SO LONG + Finished print sequence

Annnnnndddddddddddddd this is why I gave up using these forums the first time.  *tumbleweed*

I think it's a recent update that makes the abort so long. I noticed it today too. I haven't had to abort in several months. BUT it is WAY WAY longer than before. I don't like it. And I think your opinion on the bed position is spot on! If the bed was lowered... then that filament would cool before touching the print. Maybe it could be saved if it wasn't oozed all over. 

• 3 weeks later...

I share the same sentiment. For some reason I have been getting the nozzle offset mismatch and if fails the print. Previous to this it would just ask if I would like to restart the print. Now it waits for the bed to cool and then asks if the part was removed (that was never started). It takes 20-30 minutes for this process which is maddening.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reports. Just out of interest, Are you all using Ultimaker S5 or Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundles?

We'll look into this.

I'm hoping some quick action is taken regarding this issue. I have just been setting up our S5 Pro Bundle. I had thought that the expense of this printer bundle was related  getting far better results and a better experience. But waiting 10 minutes for a print to start and 10 minutes for a print to abort is reminding me of my terrible first 3D printing experience with a Makerbot. Please give us some choice in regard to these processes!