S5 Bundle power requirements

RFrancis

Posted · S5 Bundle power requirements

I want to use the S5 bundle via a UPS (we have some micro power cuts here which mess up prints). In order to size a suitable UPS I need to know the power consumption. I can find the consumption of the S5 (600W) on the spec sheet, but not the whole setup with Air Manager and Material Station.

So, what is the overall power consumption (average and maximum)?

thanks,

Richard

Hi Francis,

The the 600 W is indeed the maximum power output of the Pro Bundle setup, i.e inclusive of the MS and AM . Average power consumption is not a value we give, but maximum power consumption occurs when heating the bed. The heated bed by large acccounts for most of the consumed power, so the average power consumption will largely be dependant on whether you are printing high temperature materials, or standard PLA.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I tried it with a 650W UPS that I had available. On the first print I tried with CPE+ (high temperature) the UPS went into overload and shut down.

It clearly needs more than a 650W UPS.

cheers,

Richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies