Ultimaker Cura 4.11 BETA is available now!

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.11 BETA is available now!

Hi all, 

4.11 beta is here! In this release we’ve implemented more than 100 new icons. These icons are designed specifically for clarity, resulting in a simpler and more informative slicing experience.  Also, when scaling the Ultimaker Cura window, the UI will adapt, resulting in less visual clutter. 

New features in 4.11 beta: 

Monotonic ordering 

YES_MONOTONIC_FILL_CROPPED.gif?f=center&fm=webp&w=540NO_MONOTONIC_FILL_CROPPED.gif?f=center&fm=webp&w=540

(left; monotonic ordering enabled. Right; monotonic ordering disabled).

The new monotonic top/bottom order setting enables users to print parts with soother, more aligned top surfaces. This is especially useful for parts that need good aesthetics, such as visual prototypes. Or for parts that benefit from smooth surfaces, such as those that contact sensitive components. You can find this feature under the top/bottom print settings of custom mode. This setting is disabled by default.  

Improved digital library integration 
Collaborative workflows using the Digital library are now simpler. Every users with a cloud-connected Ultimaker 3D printer can access stored projects. And we have added a “search” function to make finding files easier.  

Save material profiles to USB 
Users can now save all third-party material profiles to USB. This feature is for Ultimaker S-line printers only and is especially useful for cloud-connected (or offline) printers. 

Notifications for beta and plugin releases 
Users can now set notification preferences to alert them to new Ulitmaker Cura beta and plugin releases. 

Bug fixes: 

• Fixed the setting visibility button to make it easier to click 
  • Fixed crash when Cura crashes on exit when languages is not set to English on macOS 
  • Fixed a bug where the infill goes through walls 

Via this link you can read the blog we wrote about Ultimaker Cura 4.11. Beta, but if you want to dive right into the release notes you can do so via this link.

Curious? Download the beta here

We are really looking forward to hearing from you! Please leave your feedback in the comments below or share it with us via Github

From version 4.11 onwards - Ultimaker Cura is only supported on operating systems actively maintained by their software manufacturer or community. This means Windows 7 and MacOS 10.13 will no longer be supported. Technically this means Ultimaker will stop testing and developing for such operating systems. However, even though it is no longer supported, there is still a high likelihood the application keeps functioning. 

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to hear what you think of Ultimaker Cura 4.11. Beta. Have you tried monotonic ordering and do you see any difference? Please let us know/share some pictures in the comments! Thanks! 

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.11 BETA is available now!

Please stop referring to this version as 4.1.1! It is version 4.11. Four point eleven, not four point one point one. Cura 4.1 was released years ago. It is hard enough as is to get people to say what version of Ultimate Cure or Ulti Curare they are using without Team Ultimaker making up version numbers.

Edited by ahoeben

19 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

It is version 4.11. For point eleven, not four point one point one. 

Oops, I guess too much computer time, I was imagining an additional dot and didn't really think about it. Easily corrected 🙂 Thanks for the notification!

• Thanks 1

To users of the Sidebar GUI plugin: It will take some time before that plugin is compatible with this new release, due to the changes to the UI (changes involved with the new icons etc). I hope to have a beta version of the plugin ready before the end of the beta period of Cura 4.11.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, qwerty8224 said:

please check the cleaning of the jet nozzle,
    It does not work for me. (((

inactive

I don't know what you mean by this. What is a jet nozzle? How does Cura clean it?

On 8/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, ahoeben said:

To users of the Sidebar GUI plugin: It will take some time before that plugin is compatible with this new release, due to the changes to the UI (changes involved with the new icons etc). I hope to have a beta version of the plugin ready before the end of the beta period of Cura 4.11.

You don't have to update the naming of the icons yet. We have kept a mapping from the old names to the new ones. If you find anything that is super annoying for you, please let us know, we do have some time before the full release to make changes.

3 hours ago, nallath said:

Я не понимаю, что вы имеете в виду. Что такое струйное сопло? Как Cura его чистит?

double extruder cleaning inactive nozzle on the tower

4 hours ago, nallath said:

You don't have to update the naming of the icons yet.

I know, I know. But there have been a lot of subtle and not so subtle changes to the QML that I need to work around in order to have the plugin still look acceptable. Because I patch the QML files "in place", small visual changes can have big effects for the Sidebar GUI plugin. The new icon sizes also vary in line widths a lot more, and I have to adapt some of the ways I use the icons for a consistent look. All this has to be done in a way that it does not break the look of the plugin with Cura 4.10 and before. Not an insurmountable amount of work, but something that will take some time nevertheless.

• Like 1

salve io ho un imac con processore M1 e ancora riscontro problemi con anteprima di stampa come nella versione 4.10 spero risolviate presto

-- translated -- 
    hi I have an imac with M1 processor and I still have problems with print preview as in version 4.10 I hope they will be resolved soon 

12 hours ago, AceVux said:

salve io ho un imac con processore M1 e ancora riscontro problemi con anteprima di stampa come nella versione 4.10 spero risolviate presto

Hi @AceVux, thank you for your post and welcome to the community. English is the main language in our forums, I would like to ask you to translate your replies to English before posting them. If you prefer to speak your own language instead, we have dedicated areas for that here! Thanks, and good luck!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AceVux said:

-- translated -- 
    hi I have an imac with M1 processor and I still have problems with print preview as in version 4.10 I hope they will be resolved soon 

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018141480-Ultimaker-Cura-is-not-fully-compatible-with-the-Apple-M1-chip

• Like 1

Tell me about this problem, work is underway?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/10254#issuecomment-904576841

Will I be able to use and continue to use your products?

Or do I need to look for alternative software?

I can't painlessly change the user's folder name.

The problem is that the folder name contains a letter from the Cyrillic alphabet.

For some reason, before version 4.9, this problem did not exist.

Many of my friends have a computer name activated in the language they use (Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, etc.), so it turns out that your product will remain inaccessible for them because of this?

cura411.zip

2 hours ago, rv0arm said:

Tell me about this problem, work is underway?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/10254#issuecomment-904576841

Will I be able to use and continue to use your products?

Or do I need to look for alternative software?

I can't painlessly change the user's folder name.

The problem is that the folder name contains a letter from the Cyrillic alphabet.

For some reason, before version 4.9, this problem did not exist.

Many of my friends have a computer name activated in the language they use (Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, etc.), so it turns out that your product will remain inaccessible for them because of this?

cura411.zip 5.55 kB · 1 download

We thought we fixed this issue, but that is apparently not the case for the beta. So what makes you think that we wouldn't be working on this?

Since then we have also made another fix, which we hope does fix the issue.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.11 BETA is available now!

Hi, I've tried the monotonic ordering and it's great for the most part. I keep getting a seam where the path splits and meets back up. Any thoughts on why this might be?

20210831_225732.jpg

20210831_225749.jpg

Edited by marlosm
    Removed some images

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know there appears to be a bug in beta 4.11.0.

When I send a file from Fusion 360 to Cura, it positions itself on the grid and I have to click "Reset all model positions"

Not a big deal, just wanted you to know.

Thanks

Any chance of allowing the ability to move other items like the layer slider? With Sidebar GUI not working at the moment the current UI is a damned mess when working half screen and is covering important items like the slice button and sliders unless you move the bar into a silly place. Really hope the sidebar GUI gets ported soon as i really dont care for the standard design.

image.png