Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

What size should my images be

Thats what I did also, but no matter what size I make them, a lot gets cut off, and you can't click to see the full size image :???:

the first were 20cmX20cm and a lot was cut off,

second I made them 10X10cm and on the site the are enlarged to fit, and still have the same cut of all around (and massively grainy)

That's bugged me too. And it's similar over at thingiverse as well, both crop images to fit their preferred aspect ratio instead of doing a "lossless" re-size to fit the image into the box they want. I lost count on how many times I tried to get my logo to display in full over there...

I think 600x360 is the answer you want. after trial and error I use this rule for myself

youmagine images- 600x360 - also note that top has file name and lowwer right will get YM logo watermark

thingiverse images- 690x518 - preview might look funny, but expanded view works.

then everything will show in the preview with no cropping.

I use this template to make sure the watermake and files name are accounted for.

FYI - I love that YM puts the watermark on for me, since some sites "borrow" images and at least with the watermark logo you'll know where they got your picts from. great idea if you ask me.

Ym image tempate