Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

How do I turn off the RAFT under supports touching the build plate?

Careless

Posted (edited) · How do I turn off the RAFT under supports touching the build plate?

I am using CURA 4.10, and I am having trouble removing the raft under any support network that touches the build plate.

Even if Build Plate Adhesion Type is set to None, there is still a raft that is generated under the supports only.

In the photo attached, the blue area to the left is part of the model touching the build plate, and the white coloured areas are supports that are generated from the build plate surface, but I have no RAFT settings selected in my visible and invisible settings within my custom profile.

I can't seem to get rid of these 'support rafts' and searching for settings in the options visibility filter has not led me to anything that removes this raft.

For certain models, it's often easier for me to remove the supports when there is no raft underneath them, so if it is an option I would like to disable it when the need arises.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 5.45.41 PM.png

Edited by Careless

• Careless changed the title to How do I turn off the RAFT under supports touching the build plate?