S3 Nozzle Replacement

eeross

Posted · S3 Nozzle Replacement

It is possible but not recommended, because the print core is not built to replace the nozzle. The core can break easily and the chances that you flood your print head is high if you don't tighten the nozzle very hard.

Search the forum for some user experiences which have tried it. Successful and not 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted · S3 Nozzle Replacement

I have replaced the nozzle on some of my printcores and even know i know what im doing and been careful i have also been able to break the printcore just by being a little to hard on it. One slip and the neck of the printcore is so fine that it snaps so easy.

But one way to look at it is, if the printcores at the stage where you really need a new nozzle than you not losing a working printcore if you do break it, but i would not try and change it if the nozzle in the core is still fine.

If you want nozzles you are looking at this: https://www.3djake.uk/micro-swiss/coated-nozzle-for-ultimaker-3?sai=6115

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies