Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
als

Help!!! New build..

Hi,

I have just completed the build of my Ultimaker Original with dual extrusion... Whist awaiting the missing Bowden tube guide, I am trying to verify the machine via USB to Cura V13.12

I have updated Marlin ok (I think).. the next step to perform basic checks in Cura is not going well... Basically, the good old 'max temp' comes up, with error code1..

I have tried to cut and paste the error log details.. got them into word, with more detail, but will not paste here...

Any suggestions please? seeing a lot of different views and directions.. Thanks ..

The head has amplifiers for the thermocouples. Measure the voltage at the top of the head. The voltage should be equal to the temp such that

5V = 500C

0V=0C

0.200V = 20C (room temp)

If the voltages are around 200mv at the top of the print head then it's likely the wiring from there - usually the wiring right there above the print head as it gets the most stress when the head moves around.

Thanks all so much for your input..

I decided the green screw blocks were always potentially going to be a source of problem, so I have removed them and substituted pcb solder pins..

Getting exactly the same... measuring the amp output v, it is clear that the second extruder head is causing a problem. I have simply unplugged this from the main board.

Bingo.. I have a new friend...

I am sure of connections, etc. Is it worthwhile reversing the red and yellow leads on this second probe?. Apart from that, I guess substitution would prove if the second probe is duff... hopefully there will be some brighter ideas out there..

Well done, and thank you all.