Firmware 7.0

SandervG

Posted · Firmware 7.0
3 hours ago, gr5 said:

I think they maybe removed that feature on the S3.  It's still on the S5 and it *might* be on the S3 - I can't keep track.  Maybe it's only the UM2+C where they removed developer mode.

Developer mode is also available on the S3, only the UM2+C has no dev mode anymore.

• 3 months later...
    On 8/20/2022 at 9:38 AM, gr5 said:

I would try downgrading the firmware.  You can put the older firmware on a USB flash drive and install the version that was working for you.  Maybe do a factory reset afterwards.  Actually that reminds me - in maintenance there is some kind of reset.  Maybe "network reset" or "digital factory reset" or something like that - it resets all network related things and fixes all manner of networking issues.

Does the S3 have developer mode?  I think that was taken away in a firmware release.  But if it does - and you seem unusually good at networking stuff - then I'd have you ssh into the machine (root/ultimaker) and run connman which is the utility to control both ethernet and wifi.  You can google connman commands on the internet.  Note: 2 "n"s in connman.

@Smithy or @Dim3nsioneer might have ideas as they know this stuff better than me.

Also check the wifi antenna connection maybe?

Where can one find the firmware 6.0 because I have searched and the only firmware I can actually download is 7.0 which is stupid why don't they just have a dedicated place that is easily accessible for all firmware's. 

Posted (edited) · Firmware 7.0
    On 8/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, gr5 said:

I think they maybe removed that feature on the S3.

developer mode is still there on all of our printers UM3, S3, S5 etc...

for the firmware 6.1.0 R1 and R2 and I'm only linking to restore images because downgrading that far back just doesn't work, you need to reinstall via micro sd card. I still don't really recommend it.

--- why don't they just have a dedicated place that is easily accessible for all firmware's

I agree, and have argued for this; But support doesn't want this for some reason.

Edited by robinmdh

Posted · Firmware 7.0

@ Team Ultimaker:

Little bug:
    When changing the air filter via menu, the steppers stay active after the change is done.

image.png.9a591fcaccfbe94bf85ad6a36e28df87.png

• Like 1