Supports Not Making the Height

sifugreg

Posted · Supports Not Making the Height

Two parts in this print, all supports are perfect except for these little offset rails (see image).  This is the very first design I've imported into Cura.  Same design has no issues with supports in my other slicers.  Now, my default is to assume I don't know what I'm doing but in my other program, I can add my own supports should I not agree with the software's decisions.  I've adjusted the various parameters available in Cura, but nada.  Thoughts or Guidance?

2021-11-22_7-15-10.jpg

Posted · Supports Not Making the Height

In support settings what is your "Support Z Distance" or "Support XY Distance" set to?

I use a 0.6mm nozzle and have both settings at 0.3mm or the same as the layer height, for a 0.4mm nozzle I'd set it to 0.2 as well as the layer height within 15% to 80% of the size of nozzle.

Some things that may help.

Might try a raft but I doubt it would change it much. 

Have the base of the print be taller by changing the model if you made it.

Change the Z and XY Distance like I mentioned.

Try lowering the layer height of the print a little.

If nothing changes to make it print decently nice, lower the outer wall speed to 15mm/s and inner to 20mm/s and top/bottom to 15 or 20mm/s, additionally raise cooling power and lower temp a little if possible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies