mysteriously enters developer mode

safeusername

Posted · mysteriously enters developer mode

Hi, I have three new-to-me Ultimaker 3 printers. Our IT folks put them on our local 3dprinteros network.

Every day or so, one of the three printers will mysteriously enter developer mode. I go through the front panel menu to uncheck the developer mode box and let the printer restart. I confirm that the printer is not in developer mode after it restarts. All is well, until maybe a few days later when I walk past the printer and see it in developer mode again. Then I do the uncheck-reboot-confirm steps again and wait until next time.

The four printers (also UM 3) I have had for a couple of years don't do this. 

Anyone else see this? Anyone have any clues? Thank you!

Posted · mysteriously enters developer mode

Weird. I've never heard this before.
    Perhaps some else enables developer mode?

If you want to I can have a look at the log files and if these go back long enough we might find when it was enabled. This might give you a pointer as to who enabled it. You can send me log files when you click my avatar, and then on top of my personal screen is a 'message' button.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies