Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
truckle

Filament guide needed?

I have found it impossible to install the filament guide on my printer. I can get the part in the key hole, but I can't get it flat enough against the back of the printer to turn it.

I don't know how this can be. Can you post a photo? Maybe it slipped through QA or (what I don't hope) you've got a clone.

AFAIK the design of the backplane has changed over time. I'm not sure, but I think that newer models of the UM2 came without the filament guide.

This is how it looks at the current UM2+ models:

part_1231.thumb.png.bbe5a545246f74ac8f25a10e5ac0e959.png5a33287f6d933_um2backplane.PNG.f60a4900f6a53ea917068e1be6874a94.PNG

part_1231.thumb.png.bbe5a545246f74ac8f25a10e5ac0e959.png

5a33287f6d933_um2backplane.PNG.f60a4900f6a53ea917068e1be6874a94.PNG

Maybe it slipped through QA or (what I don't hope) you've got a clone.

I asked about this when I bought my UM2, and apparently there was a design change and newer versions don't have those holes. I designed my own guide to use on the other screws (switch to a longer screw), but have since then lost the original files.