Cura Slice defects

RB5533

Posted · Cura Slice defects

Hi,

Models are fine and smooth in CAD but get errors when slice is run. Mostly 'vertical' errors which run up the length of the model. I'm confident the model is fine as error it's consistent with others and the error moves as i rotate the model, staying in the same place on the print bed.

All software is up to date, same issue with old and new versions. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

thanks, 

eg1.PNG

eg2.PNG

Do you happen to have Coasting enabled?  Coasting moves don't have any extrusion and consequently show up as gaps in the preview.  You can see that on one side of each gap is the white Z seam so in the round features I'm guessing that the nozzle movement is clockwise.

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply. turning off coasting has reduced the error and replaced it with just  a white section but no physical defect as far as i can tell. I'll print with these settings and update the thread with any differences. 

eg3.PNG

1 hour ago, RB5533 said:

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply. turning off coasting has reduced the error and replaced it with just  a white section but no physical defect as far as i can tell. I'll print with these settings and update the thread with any differences. 

eg3.PNG

The white dots are to indicate where the start / stops of an extrusion are.

@Kev_Pe - I don't see any issues.  Are you talking about the white spots/lines?  Those are simply informing you where a loop begins and ends.  You can hide those in the GUI if they bother you but it won't change the gcode and also the various colors (red, green, yellow, white) can be informative and helpful when trying to understand cura settings.

• Like 1