Problem with raised letters

maggiolo72

Posted · Problem with raised letters
On 12/31/2021 at 1:32 PM, maggiolo72 said:

The last pictures are from the top surface skin layer.  My U20 have no Marlin firmware, think reprap,  but I can do some live tuning. If I remember correctly speed -temperature -flow -fan speed....

Yeah - those are pretty badly underextruded.  I mean I've seen much worse but that's about 20% underextruded.  You are going to have things like outer walls not connected to the rest of the part.

@GregValiant posted a nice picture (many posts back) where he zoomed into another of your photos and showed those gaps using red and yellow lines (he probably used mspaint?).  You may need reading glasses to see up close but your top layers are nicely showing underextrusion.  If you cut the speed in half and increas the flow to 105% that should fix it.  Never go over 110% flow (assuming your extruder is calibrated properly where 100mm of extruding moves the filament 100mm when hot end is removed).  If you are at 110% flow you are near the point of complete grinding/failure.  105% is safe enough but indicates something is wrong but at least you can probably get good prints.

Instead of cutting speed in half you could raise the temp by 10C.  It might make overhangs a bit worse or bridging but it will certainly let you print faster (meaning not have to slow down).

Or you could look into purchasing a more powerful feeder possibly.  Like a bondtech feeder for example.

Posted (edited) · Problem with raised letters
    13 hours ago, gr5 said:

Yeah - those are pretty badly underextruded.  I mean I've seen much worse but that's about 20% underextruded.  You are going to have things like outer walls not connected to the rest of the part.

@GregValiant posted a nice picture (many posts back) where he zoomed into another of your photos and showed those gaps using red and yellow lines (he probably used mspaint?).  You may need reading glasses to see up close but your top layers are nicely showing underextrusion.  If you cut the speed in half and increas the flow to 105% that should fix it.  Never go over 110% flow (assuming your extruder is calibrated properly where 100mm of extruding moves the filament 100mm when hot end is removed).  If you are at 110% flow you are near the point of complete grinding/failure.  105% is safe enough but indicates something is wrong but at least you can probably get good prints.

Hi, I have a BMG feeder ready to be assembled.

Then I will do an extrusion test and will see. I have also several thing to put like silicon plug instead of the springs, new wheels, and some other stuff.

Then I will do some extensive test with a 5x5x3cm tile to see how is working. But this will be in late febraury as the printer will go to sleep because I will move to another house, where she will have a nice labo :).

On 1/2/2022 at 11:50 PM, AndersK said:

Like this?

About 10 minutes in Design Spark Mechanical (freeware).

Its a close fit so you might want to scale down a little or be prepared to sand it 😉

Design1.stl 31.43 kB · 4 downloads

I have no words, it's unbelievable that with such an economic hw you can have a perfect fit.... No sandpaper nothing. Just slide with a little of strength.

Thank you sooo much.

20220104_154751.jpg

20220104_154808.jpg

IMG-20220104-WA0012.jpeg

Edited by maggiolo72
    • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AndersK said:

Better buckle up, that chair looks like it will go super sonic anytime soon 🙂

ahahaha with the afterburner noise I will have problems with my 9 months baby 🙂

This is the final plan....

f18c.jpg.6b4687eea7b078a153e0e9219d832063.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, another house will be necessary to fit the rest of the F-18.  With the after-burners sticking outside through a wall it shouldn't be too bad.  A little tough on the neighbors maybe.

Sweet, and I said that looks like a serious gamer at the first photo 😄

Gonna take a while to print all panels for a complete F18 but you'll have fun doing it 😉

This is hobby is child of pandemie .  A friend of mine is a Airbus pilot and start to tech me all, then I become addicted.

• Like 1

You're going to need a really big house to park an Airbus in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

You're going to need a really big house to park an Airbus in.

ahahahahahahahhahaha 🙂 it's midnight here, Childs are sleeping and I start laughing alone like an idiot 🙂

Laughing is good.  When the children get their drivers licenses, discover beer AND the opposite sex then laughs get harder to come by.

Mhhh you looks expert not only about 3d printing 🙂.Daughter is 6 and son is 10 months, still have some time I guess, but the older is act like a teenager 😮

Omg the time is flying....

On 12/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, GregValiant said:

The lab chief here at the Ultimaker Forum is @geert_2.  Maybe he's done some experiments with ironing?

I haven't experimented with ironing yet, so I can't give advice on that.

Concerning fighter jet cockpits: long ago, maybe 40-50 years, here in Belgium and the Netherlands you could buy a real fighter jet for the price of its scrap metal. Weapons and engine were removed, but apart from that they were often intact, complete with all avionics in the cockpit. Just worn-out from 20-30 years of use, of course. It were F-104 Starfighters at that time.

So several people had one in their garden as a toy, and even some kindergarten playgrounds had one. So the kids could play pilot. At that time, we considered that "just normal". Just like an old abandoned car in the garden...

Today I know one remaining in the south of the Netherlands, not too far from the city of Zierikzee.

I wonder if that would still be possible? If you just call the military, and ask to buy the whole cockpit section of an abandoned airplane from their scrap yard, or the whole plane if you have enough room? Would be a good starting point for making your own sim...

• Like 3

That's a dream, but this enter and I will have to exit  🙂 ahahahah