New Versions of Cura-Plugins 'TweakAtZ' and 'RetractWhileCombing'

Dim3nsioneer

Posted · New Versions of Cura-Plugins 'TweakAtZ' and 'RetractWhileCombing'

Hmmm... any changes in the plugin settings would require manual triggering of the plugin process. Goes a bit into the direction of switching off auto-slicing, just for the plugins. Personally, I wouldn't do that. But I never dug so deep into that part of the Cura code...

I think it doesn't make much sense to do major changes on the GUI code at this time. PU somehow seems to be closer than before...

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho no. I wasn't proposing switching to something manual. The update would still be made automatically when changing something but only the part of the post process plugins would be required to run instead of the entire slicing so it would become close to instant.

PU might be around the corner it's true.

• 2 months later...
    Posted (edited) · New Versions of Cura-Plugins 'TweakAtZ' and 'RetractWhileCombing'

I have a few simple questions for all TweakAtZ users out there: How often do you need more than one instance of the plugin? What would it mean if only one instance would be possible? Could you live with just one instance if some other functionality would be added to the TweakAtZ (e.g. specification of an end layer)?

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

For all those who got a bit annoyed by the additional status bar of the TweakAtZ and the RetractWhileCombing plugin (which stole the focus): get yourself Cura 15.04; with the latest TweakAtZ version (4.0.2) included there the problem is gone. I will put it on Github as soon as I find some time. Same goes for the RetractWhileCombing; I'll put an updated version onto Github.

I think I could live w/ one instance of TweakAtZ if it would mean adding a powerful feature. What is "specification of an end layer"? Also, can you add a second fan for TweakAtZ?

Also, is it possible to put a Starting Layer no. / Ending Layer no. in TweakAtZ?

@inventabuild: Thank you for your feedback. Right now we have the possibility to use multiple instances of the postproc-scripts as a request for the new Cura. However, this is not yet final.

For the last few months I kept the TweakAtZ as close as possible to the Ultimaker hardware as Ultimaker users might be the largest batch of people using Cura.

Adding a second fan (which not even supported by legacy Cura) is therefore very unlikely to happen for the time being; it's quite similar to the restriction to two hotends although legacy Cura is capable to work with up to five hotends now.

I also didn't implement stopping layer or height as this can be achieved by using the TweakAtZ for a second time on the stopping layer height in order to reverse the changes made with the first instance.

As it is planned to translate the TweakAtZ to the new Cura things might change in future. An important thing to me is to keep the plugin somehow clearly arranged. I have the feeling it's at the limit with versions 4.0+. Maybe the situation will be completely different soon. Certainly this thread here is the spot where I keep you updated.