Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
qwarks

Need fast help please!

I've just finished assembeling my ultimaker today! Weeee! I ran two prints with RepG and the firmware it came with - needless to say, there are room for improvement.

So i downloaded the newest Skeinforge Pypy (win32-SkeinPyPy-NewUI-Beta4) and ran the wizard. When it asked me if i wanted to uograde the firmware to Marlin i did so and thats when the probelms began.

I can no longer connect to the printer COM port, not from Skeinforge or from RepG.

What am i missing?

My computer runs Vista 64 bit.

Any help is appreciated.

Ultimaker_Original_User_Manual.pdf

Set your com speed to 250000 in printerface, and it should connect without problems (assuming the right port is selected).

the marlin firmware sets the speed automatically to 250000, and repg sometimes/mostly can't connect at that speed.

Set your com speed to 250000 in printerface, and it should connect without problems (assuming the right port is selected).

the marlin firmware sets the speed automatically to 250000, and repg sometimes/mostly can't connect at that speed.

Its fixed in replicatorG, but you need the development version in order to make it work.