fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0

ahoeben

Posted · fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0
3 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Sing with me. "TOOOOMorow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow, you're always a day away"

The sun will come out tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on'til tomorrow
Come what may

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0

I tried to do tree supports on a model on my Sidewinder X1 no supports are showing in the preview. I can and do see normal supports. On my CR-10S Pro tree supports are working as expected.

Edited by imdaryl
Punctuation

1 hour ago, imdaryl said:

I tried to do tree supports on a model on my Sidewinder X1 no supports are showing in the preview.

I think you posted to the wrong thread. This thread is about plugins, your post isn't.

Having said that, make sure that your "Support Wall Line Count" is not 0.

Hurray, Mesh Tools and the Printer Settings plugins are the first two of my plugins that are available in the 5.0 plugin Marketplace.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Hurray, Mesh Tools and the Printer Settings plugins are the first two of my plugins that are available in the 5.0 plugin Marketplace.

I'm working on testing the rest right now!

• Thanks 1

Tried Linear Advance in 5.0 and it worked like a charm. This is referenced in the tool change script correctly for a Dex head setup and is also inserted at the beginning of each prime tower object. Thanks again for all your great work! You and all the other devs are a treasure.

• Like 1

Tried Linear Advance in 5.0 and it worked like a charm. This is referenced in the tool change script correctly for a Dex head setup and is also inserted at the beginning of each prime tower object. Thanks again for all your great work! You and all the other devs are a treasure.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

A prerelease for the Material Settings plugin is now finally also available, see the opening post. This one's for you @kelvina!

This version of the plugin changes how settings are added to the preferences dialog; instead of a menu-item in the Extensions menu, there is now a button directly in the Print Settings tab on the Materials pane of the preferences.

• Like 1

If you still have Cura 3.5 installed (or are willing to install it), you could test a version of of the plugin with that for me. I have tested it myself, and it works with Cura 3.5 through 5.0, but the reviewer says it does not show up in Cura 3.5.

Happy to give that a go, where can I get a Cura 3.5 exe for windows? I don't think I'm confident enough to build cura from source.

9 hours ago, ahoeben said:

If you still have Cura 3.5 installed (or are willing to install it), you could test a version of of the plugin with that for me. I have tested it myself, and it works with Cura 3.5 through 5.0, but the reviewer says it does not show up in Cura 3.5.

No issues here. I downloaded the file. renamed as a zip. extracted the files, then copied the "LinearAdvanceSettingPlugin" folder into the 3.5 plugin location and restarted Cura 3.5.1 with no issues. I tried an Ultimaker S5 and an ender 3 both working fine.

image.thumb.png.97271d4b144e73b6c2ae0734978f6273.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jacobdobbratz said:

No issues here.

Thanks for testing. Just to be 100% sure, could you test again with this version? Download the file and drop it into the viewport in Cura 3.5 as it you were opening a 3d model.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.5 and then dropped the file into the viewport and the linear advance settings shows up in the UI and the ender Gcode (not sure how to check the UM files). Works for a UM S5 UM3 and an Ender 3. (Cura 3.5.1). Also good to know its much easier to install a plugin haha. I've been doing that the hard way for no reason.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0
    On 5/19/2022 at 7:06 PM, jacobdobbratz said:

Is there anything that I can do to help verify/test linear advance to be on the marketplace?

The Linear Advance plugin is now available in the Marketplace.

That leaves me with only the Sidebar GUI to finish up. This unfortunately is a tricky one, due to issues like this one: https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-SidebarGUIPlugin/issues/32

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 3

The Sidebar GUI plugin is now also available in the Marketplace, for all versions from 4.0 through 5.0.

All of my official plugins are now in the Marketplace, and the prereleases for these plugins should no longer be used (but will remain available on github).

• Thanks 5

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Hi,

I am struggling to get the Octoprint connection plugin to work in Cura 5. 

I can download the plugin to my local Cura 5 app but i am missing the configure button under machine management... so its kind of defunct.   

when i sign in to my account most of the plugins disappear from the marketplace too - but i can see them when not signed it. 

any thoughts or help? 

1 hour ago, Alamanda said:

when i sign in to my account most of the plugins disappear from the marketplace too - but i can see them when not signed it. 

It appears you have an "essentials" or "enterprise" subscription. If you do, you are only offered a subset of Cura plugins which have been "approved" to be "secure". That does not mean that the other plugins are in any way "not secure", but they have not been inspected and approved (and for many of them Ultimaker does not plan to have them approved either, AFAIK). I must say I am a bit mystified by the logic of this "pay to have less functionality" model, but it is out of my control.

1 hour ago, Alamanda said:

I can download the plugin to my local Cura 5 app but i am missing the configure button under machine management... so its kind of defunct. 

Please try the following:

* In the marketplace, uninstall the OctoPrint Connection plugin

* Restart Cura (this is important!)

* Back in the marketplace, install the OctoPrint Connection plugin again

* Restart Cura again.

It is important not to skip the second step!

If these steps do not fix your issue, I need to see you cura.log, which can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder.

13 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Ultimaker does not plan to have them approved either, AFAIK). I must say I am a bit mystified by the logic of this "pay to have less functionality" model, but it is out of my control.

We run a small bank of S5 printers at a school and i am playing around with an Anycubic machine to show students the different ways of achieving similar results. We do use an essentials account - pretty sure we have room to move in terms of that though because we are an education institute.  bit of a shame on Ultimakers part to not let certain know, working, safe plugins into my little ecosystem - infinite wisdom through right? 

13 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Please try the following:

* In the marketplace, uninstall the OctoPrint Connection plugin

* Restart Cura (this is important!)

* Back in the marketplace, install the OctoPrint Connection plugin again

* Restart Cura again.

It is important not to skip the second step!

If these steps do not fix your issue, I need to see you cura.log, which can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder.

Followed these steps - didn't work. 

please find attached the Cura.log for my machine. 

thank you very much for the help and snappy response. 

cura.log

The Ultimaker S5 is not compatible with OctoPrint; there is no way for OctoPrint to talk with the UM S5. So if your currently active printer is an Ultimaker S5, the "Connect to OctoPrint" button is not shown. If you activate the Anycubic printer in Cura, the "Connect to OctoPrint" button will show.