What software for beginner

Posted · What software for beginner

albert mentioned Scupltris earlier.

I have just had a look at it and it seems great for a free program.

What do you have to do to get the model created in Scupltris into a printable stl file?

I've been using Cubify Invent for the past couple of years. It is paid software, but US $49 is not terrible considering the functionality. I use the history extensively. I'm not sure what the nomenclature is for the feature, but it saves every step individually in the process of building your model. If you found that a hole you made in step two is too small, you can go to the step and change it. The remaining steps are still valid. This feature alone is worth the money to me, especially when I am doing iterations on a design.

• 1 month later...

A nice idea for the kids is the Minecraft import, buildin by Cura. My son just printed his building from minecraft. Building in minecraft is simple but the overall result you can get is quite attractive. You do need to run Cura on the computer that also runs minecraft. So in my case I installed Cura on his computer edited the settings and now he can do it again if he wants to.

Wow that is actually pretty cool! Could you post some more info on that Zoev89? Pictures of the results and how you did it?

It is actually quite simple. Cura did already all the work. What you need to do. On the PC where you play minecraft install Cura. Then start Cura and go to tools->Minecraft map import you select your landscape and you get a overview of your landscape. The select a area that you want to print. Click on the import button and you will notice that a model will be on your platform. Scale it to the size you want and optimize your printer settings depended on the module.

Here are some photos of my sons building:

MineCraftFront

It is a small building I did not want to waist to much plastic and time but it worked out very well.

MineCraftSide

It is printed in gold PLA with 0.1 layers. The only thing I did is to open the 'door' again (drilled it and filed it) since I used a support everywhere. Was afraid that the roof would not work well.

Google Sketch Up is pretty easy to use (reminds me of microsoft paint). Its pretty much place an object pull it out and boom you have a 3D object. If your more into autocad programs like me i would use solidworks, I use it all the time and its by far my favorite program for making 3d objects.

I have gone with Sketchup.

However, all my object are geometric in shape with straight edges and circular holes. It's excellent for that and with a shallow learning curve but I don't know what it would be like with more 'organic' models.

I strongly recommend Moi3D.com Moment of Inspiration,

Fantastic guy, Michael Gibson runs it. Very personal.

To believe: google "cubifyfan MOI3D Tutorial"

Whatch episode 1 and 2.

Moi3d is free for a period and then 300,-

Should have been 3.000 in my subjective opinion!

• Like 1

Hi,

http://architecturalrenderingoffice.com/blog/

I think this will helped you for 3d softwares different, article name is:

12 Best Software in 3D Architectural Rendering

There are many free PCB design software like Eagle, Kicad, Designspark, PCB123 & expressPCB etc. You can check this with google. Download an one & go ahead.

http://www.technotronix.us/