12 week lead time on Ultimaker2?

Posted · 12 week lead time on Ultimaker2?

As there are still discussions on lead time here in the forum I wanted to share my own situation: After an order in November (on the 22nd) where the leadtime was said to be around 6 weeks I am still waiting for an update on my shipment. After an initial contact with Ultimaker customer support I was told that my order would be shipped last week but it is still pending.

To put things in numbers:

Order date: 22. November

Days passed since order: 80 days

Or 11 weeks and 3 days

Or 2 months 18 days

I asked for an update through the Ultimaker ticket system but am still waiting for a response. While I appreciate the fact that success is a burden I do not understand why lead times are communicated that cannot be met - at least in my case.

I would appreciate any kind of reaction from Ultimaker if they are interested in customer satisfaction.

---

Update from 11th of February: Ultimaker is potentially not to blame - I ordered through one of the official resellers for my country, iGo3d and it looks like they delayed the order.

Except that sander is away for a show. So he might respond slower then the usual support channel.

Anyhow, we do not look at order date, we look at payment date. Putting in an order and not paying it for a few weeks does not suddenly put someone at the front.

Hi Marrit,

I just sent you a pm - thanks for your help in advance

Just to put things into perspective - I ordered through a local reseller iGo3D and it looks like they did not order directly but for whatever reason waited 2-3 weeks. My order reached Ultimaker in the 2nd week of December. Appreciate the update and will find out why it took iGo3d so long...

That is interesting, i will have to wait two more weeks than my order date because my funds were returned by mistake.

Add that on top i have 2 times costs of sending money and 1 cost for returning money.

What David says is correct, but when your payment is delayed because of some problems getting it through but the intention was to pay immediately your shipment date will be calculated based on your order date.

SandervG - You just put a smile on my face in this dark, rainy day :-P .. Thank you

You are welcome :)

Thanks to Marrit and Sander for looking into my issue and helping me out. After exactly 12 weeks my Ultimaker2 arrived yesterday and we are printing ever since :)

Telophar

Pictures or it did not happen, why are you proud UM2 owners hiding that beauties for yourself :-P

Have a look at my very first print yesterday night:

firstprint

The robot is not perfect but a worthy first result...

fristprintresult

Nice, altrough not the quality of first prints i have used to seen from UM2. Did you have any problems?

Seemingly Temperature was to low and the bed leveling was not perfect. Also the right ear always ands up like this it is normal. Its cooling issues because of how far the fan is away on that side.

Seemingly Temperature was to low and the bed leveling was not perfect. Also the right ear always ands up like this it is normal. Its cooling issues because of how far the fan is away on that side.

Thanks a lot for this feedback. It was my first print on my first 3D printer after a long day at work. I tried again and am a little bit more satisfied with the result. I increased the temp to 230 and reduced the speed to 80% (no worries about the top head nobs, I played a little with the on the fly settings and increased the material too much)

Third print - Ultimaker robot