Cura 5.0 changing material temps?

kc6331

Posted · Cura 5.0 changing material temps?

I've tried a few slices lately for ABS prints, but even though the temp is set accordingly, Cura drops the material temp to 190.  ABS does not flow at 190.  I sliced the same files with SuperSlicer, and it worked fine.  Why is Cura changing the temps and how can I stop it?

With a model loaded and set up to slice use the Cura "File | Save Project" command to create a 3mf project file and post the file here.

I was thinking that somehow the standby temperature was sneaking in but  I checked the generic ABS and the standby temperature is 200 so maybe not.

But, it dropped the temp to 190, not 200.  I still have not been able to pinpoint how or why its changing the print temps.  I had one of my friends try it also, on a different rig.  Using 5.0, generic ABS, he had the same thing happen to him.

That is a gcode file.  Please look at my previous post and provide a Project File.

In lines 14 and 15 of that gcode file the hot end gets set to 215°.  There are no other temperature lines in the file until it gets to "M104 S0" and shuts off the hot end at line #660817.

So the Gcode is not affecting the printers hot end temperature.

Posted (edited) · Cura 5.0 changing material temps?

When I slice the same file in SuperSlicer, the temp runs as set...it has to be an issue with Cura.  I will create a project file and upload it later today.

Edited by kc6331
    addition

"...it has to be an issue with Cura." 

That could well be.  Cura is not without bugs.  I'm just saying that the particular gcode you posted is not the problem.  The temperature gets set to 215 at the beginning and is turned off at the end.  That's all that is in there.

It appears you are running a direct drive hot end (retraction 0.8mm) and your StartUp and Ending Gcode aren't from a Creality definition file.  Did you change the mainboard of your printer?  I ask because I see you are running gcode written for RepRap firmware and a stock CR-10 would have Marlin installed.

Posted (edited) · Cura 5.0 changing material temps?

CR10, SKR2, CW2 extruder, Klipper.

Edited by kc6331

Here is the project file.

CCR10_Entry_Token_akgmKx.3mf

Stange to use the RepRap Flavor to output the Gcode for a CR10 as well to not use any initialisation Start and End Gcode ? Any reason for that ?

@Cuq - He's running Klipper and an SKR mainboard.  

@kc6331 - I get the same results when I slice the model.  The gcode contains (1) M104 line at the beginning immediately followed by M109 and those set the hot end temperature.  At the end of the file there is a single M104 line to turn the hot end off.

Octoprint can be configured to send some commands on it's own.  I wonder if your Klipper install is doing something similar.  What's happening to your temperature is not the result of any command contained within the gcode.