I switched off the UM2+C during de firmware update

Leonardbays

Posted · I switched off the UM2+C during de firmware update

I switched off the UM2+ during de firmware update. 

Now, its impossible to switch on my printer. I see "ultimaker 2+ connect" on the screen, and after that, the screen goes dark.

How can I fix this problem.... ??

I don't think that matters.  Just do the firmware update again.  It only takes about a minute.  The computer inside the UM2+ is basically an arduino and even if you destroy the program (the firmware) it still lets you load a new firmware through USB cable.

However there can be issues related to windows and com ports and moving com cables around and com ports with values larger than about 7 (cura should be able to handle larger com port numbers but I don't think it does).  There are alternate programs that can load firmware besides cura but try cura first.  Tell us what issues are happening if you can't load the firmware.  E.g. is this a pc?  mac?  linux?  Do you know where the hex file is or are you just loading default firmware?

10 hours ago, gr5 said:

The computer inside the UM2+ is basically an arduino and even if you destroy the program (the firmware) it still lets you load a new firmware through USB cable.

Two problems:

* It seems like op has a UM2+ Connect, which is a more complex machine than the UM2+, especially when it comes to firmware

* Even with a UM2+, it can be hard to install the firmware onto a non-functioning board with Cura; Cura 2 and newer need to detect the printer as a printer before it will allow updating the firmware.

I believe there is a way to re-install the firmware using a special process that involves a microSD card.  Contact your reseller.

I'm thinking about this process but I don't know if it's different for the UM2+C:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20024-recovering-a-bricked-um3s3s5/

The UM2+ Connect is easier to recover than the other Ultimaker printers (in my biased opinion, since I designed this feature  🙂 )
    At least, you don't have to open the printer.

Here is the procedure: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017100080-Firmware-recovery-for-the-Ultimaker-2-Connect

• Like 2