Extruder 1: Custom PLA Green - empty

Princy557

Posted · Extruder 1: Custom PLA Green - empty

Using Cura 5 and GEEETECH A20T.

Two main questions:

1. when I look at settings by right clicking on the Nr 1 top left of snap. All my extruders show empty. Why? What can I do about it?

2. on my A20T, even though I have chosen the suggested GREEN as shown, the actual printer gives me a mix of 33%/33%/34%. Why? and h ow to get it to show the actual chosen filament?

Note: for anyone who's seen me here before. I'm on my second A20T as I had so many hothead problems with them failing I bought another. (Stupid me by the looks of it). My second one has started to show in the same way with little failures,, getting worse until the heating gives up completely. Only upside is I know the A20T inside out ha ha.

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, 12 July 2022_9h45m8s.png

Posted (edited) · Extruder 1: Custom PLA Green - empty

Additional info:

When I print the mix is always 33%,33%,34%.

Even though I have set up my three PLA Green, white ,and black.

I have one heater, three extruders.

Is there a profile GEEETECH A20T for the Cura 5?

A better question might be. Why is my GEEETECH A20T not printing the set up colours I select. When I select the white, the item changes to white, when I select black the item changes to black ditto with the green. but dont print other than mixed 

?????

Regards

Edited by Princy557
    missed a word & Question

The commands that control the mixing might be in your StartUp Gcode.  I think they would be M163 to M166.

Your "real" extruders are T0, T1, and T2.  If your StartUp Gcode ends with T3 or higher then it's calling for your "virtual" mixing extruder at the start of a print.  Cura looks at the startup gcode as "That's what they want then that's what they're getting.".  If your startup gcode ends with a "T" command try "T{initial_extruder_nr}".  Cura will note that and replace the keyword with the extruder that starts the print.  (the Curly brackets are required.)

In regards to the "empty" sign...have you picked nozzles for each extruder?

Edited by GregValiant

Hi GregValiant,

Duh!, thanks, staring me in the face wasn't it.

As for "empty" sign..... Each extruder has a 0.4 mm nozzle chosen, but still shows up on the Cura menus (previous picture) as being Empty.

I now  have it printing the colour that I have chosen . WINNER

Thanks again

Regards

If you have the "Printer Settings" loaded from the MarketPlace - check the nozzle diameter for each extruder.

The nozzle diameter should also be present in the Machine Settings for each extruder.  Odd that it isn't showing up in that dialog box.

Untitled.thumb.png.a198e15dd18258bb9fbe7eec6e6bcc7d.png

I  have three areas 1,2,3...

Bottom left

image.thumb.png.29b4a5562f52c80ebee315a77e921347.png

Upper Middle

image.thumb.png.163264c7406f21b13fb7a8d662ed3147.png

All show the same  empty.

Strange

The missing one....

image.thumb.png.f395137fb1a6597408b4f57171e44135.png

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 15 July 2022_20h37m34s.png

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 15 July 2022_20h35m35s.png

Edited by Princy557
    additions

Hello,

I feel to have the same issue with GEEETECH A10T  which is smaller that the A20T but also built with three extruders on a single nozzle.

I tried to fix the issue through the gcode :

;FLAVOR:Marlin
    ;TIME:23401
    ;Filament used: 0.00883381m, 15.7565m, 0m
    ;Layer height: 0.15
    ;MINX:135.091
    ;MINY:125.738
    ;MINZ:0.15
    ;MAXX:203.615
    ;MAXY:239.262
    ;MAXZ:33
    ;POSTPROCESSED
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 4.8
    T0
    M104 S200
    M104 T1 S175
    M105
    M109 S200
    M105
    M109 T1 S175
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    G28 
    G1 Z15 F300
    M107
    G90
    M82
    M104 S200
    M140 S55
    G92 E0
    M109 S200
    M107
    M163 S0 P0.00
    M163 S1 P0.50
    M163 S2 P0.50

expecting to have a mix of 0, 50% and 50%  (see the 3 last lines )

...but ... the printer did not read that info and worked exactly as if the code did not exist, printing according to the previous config (which has been set through the printer menu and options - « Prepare - Mixing »  )

I'm sure that file has been red, because the nozzle temperature has been changed according to what the gcode file shows.  So why can I adjust the temperature and not the colors ?

As you all, I could find nothing in the Cura (for Linux) software to achieve that goal.

Thanks.