Printing starts always front left corner

Anychris

Posted · Printing starts always front left corner

Hello,

i am new to 3D-Printing and I have the Problem that whenever I slice with Cura and sent to my printer either USB or SD

it will print on the extreme front left corner. 

Not even the full model only its outmost upper right edge.

When I print the generic owl model from anycubic it will be in the middle of the bed so i assume problem is with Cura!?

Moving the Model on the Cura table has no effect on the actual print location on the bed.

What do I miss here?

I already selected "Origin at Center" in Printer settings and "Apply Extruder Offset to Gcode".

My Printer is a Anycubic I3 Mega S with Firmware 1.15 and Cura 5.1.0.

I am really helpless what to do....

Chris

Your printer Origin is the Left Front Corner NOT the center.

This is from the definition file of the I3 Mega S

"machine_center_is_zero": { "default_value": false },

So de-select it.

Save a project with File -> Save project... an post a link here. Then we can see what is going on.

Hi,

Cura only saves when you restart it.

I am so sorry, I didn´t know that...

It is working now.

but thank you for the tipps it lead to the solution.

While I´m here do you guys know how to add a Z-Offset to the I3?

It seems that it can not be done in the printer itself only through software.

I have Pronterface and Cura. Is one of the two able to do this?

Thank you for all your help and the time involved 😉

Chris

There's a plugin in the Marketplace for Z Offsets, but it is only meant for small adjustments. If you need an offset of more than a mm or so, you should really adjust that in your printer/the printer firmware.