Cura 5.1 is SLOW for moving objects and the preview also, not more useable

marcus-7

Posted · Cura 5.1 is SLOW for moving objects and the preview also, not more useable

Hi,

I have two different computers.

One with Win11 and one with Win10.

The main - computer ist the one with Win11 (Intel Core i7, 2.9 GHZ, 16MB Ram, Nvidia GForce RTX 2060 super).

Problem is, since I installed 5 and 5.1 Cure is extremely slow, when I move an object. Means, I have to wait, say 15 seconds, if I move an object up or down.

Curiously rotating is normal speed.

The same with preview, very slow and if I change the vertical "line" with the layers, it take VERY long.

And sometimes the horziontal layer preview at the bottom is simply not there.

I read some stuff about change in the preferences from cura "force layer view compatibility", sometimes this helped, but mostly not.

I have never changes something in the graphic card, the drivers were, some version older then the newest. No problems with Blender, or photoshop. 

Because the problems with Cura I installed the newest drivers, no changing.

Means for me, I can not more use Cura now, I can not work like this.

Hence I wait on the next version of Cura with the hope, that it is again fine and quick. 

If not, then I will have to look for another slicer, though I like Cura.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted · Cura 5.1 is SLOW for moving objects and the preview also, not more useable

No answer, I guess, no one has an idea.

Cura is not more usable, as written, I have no problems with Photoshop, Blender, Word, IMatch, Graphic Suite ... only with Cura.

I will look for another slicer.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited) · Cura 5.1 is SLOW for moving objects and the preview also, not more useable

i just sing up to this page to response your question, i was having the same problem today and went i saw that anybody told you anything about it I thought the same thing in using another slicer, but looking for other thing in the general menu of CURA there is an option that says  " Force layer view compatibility mode (restart required)"  , after check it and restart CURA, the slow in layer view was gone.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 230444.png

Edited by Guikai

我也遇到同样的问题

我的PC机,运行旧版本(4.13)的cura,非常的流畅。但是更新到最新的5.2.1后,当同时加载多个模型的时候,移动其中任意一个模型就变得非常的缓慢,不知道是何原因?

Same here. "force layer view compatibility" changes nothing for me.

@marcus-7 you mention that you have a Win 10 and a Win 11 computer, but not if the issue happens on both. I only have issues on my newest notebook, running Win 11, all others are on 10. Maybe there's a problem with Win 11?

Cura also tends to freeze occasionally.

BTW: for me, Cura isn'T always slow. Sometimes it's very fast, but mostly slow. The difference isn't subtile, but day and night.

• 2 weeks later...

It works more or less ok after any restart, so 'force layer' is not a root cause. But it begins to slow down after 5-10 operations (like moving objects, or something like this).

Moreover, even filtering in the settings pane works extremely slow! I just enetered "test" in the search fields and got hanging CURA for about 30 seconds...