Changes between Ultimaker 1 revisions

mtbr

Posted · Changes between Ultimaker 1 revisions

Hello,

as far as I know there are Ultimaker 1 Rev 1, Rev 2, Rev 3 and Rev 4 machines out there. Can someone tell me where I find something like a changelog?

I would like to know from when till when which revision was built and how the hardware changed.

Thanks in advance!

Rev 1 and 2 are rare. (Only about 30 Rev 1 as far as I know, and 60 Rev 2) These have 8mm X/Y rods and different sliderblocks. The Rev1 machines have open backsides.

Rev 3 is usually the machine you see out there from the "early days", quite a lot of these where sold as kit and is generally regarded as the true Ultimaker. The differences from this point on have been a lot smaller. The V2 hotend and extruder upgrade where added on that (standard now), as well as some tweaks on the wood (like the 2nd feeder slot and moving the feeder motor a bit backward so it no longer hits the casing)

After Rev3 the revision tracking was not done really well, so it's hard to say what is a Rev3 and a Rev4.

Yep, as Daid says. Especially revision 2 dates back a long time (Nov. 2011). The history of the wiki is useful here. As well as I could I tried to explain exactly what was in which batch.

I never got around to really making a changelog except for software and firmware (because that was my thing mostly back then).

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/index.php?title=Category:Part_of_Batch_03&action=history

Thanks David and Erik! Before I startet this thread I was quite shure that the changes must be documented somewhere and I was too dumb to find it :).

Maybe we can sum it up together for others who might be interested. Especially for people who would like to buy a used Ultimaker Original or for those who don't know if it is worth the money to buy a new one instead of a two year old:

Rev 1 (build in workshops only)

Rev 2 (shipped from Nov/2011)

changes:

closed backsides

Rev 3 (shipped from ???Month/???Year)

changes:

switched from 8mm to 6mm X/Y rods

introduced after the start of Rev 3 but before Rev 4:

V2 hotend

V2 extruder drive

2nd feeder slot

moving the feeder motor a bit backward so it no longer hits the casing

Rev4 (shipped from ???Month/???Year)

changes:

???

Did I get this right??? Maybe you have some infos about the Months and Years of the first time the Revisions were shipped?

It seems as the arduino board was changed from Version 1.5.6 to 1.5.7?

http://reprap.org/wiki/Ultimaker%27s_v1.5.7_PCB

Do you know from which revision to which revision it has changed and if there were other changes than the above mentioned?

ok thanks, changed that

Has nobody else some infos to that topic? Maybe we can do a retrospective changelog :)