Sign in to follow this  
skint

Anyone in the UK meetup?

Posted · Anyone in the UK meetup?

I live in the Midlands so if anybody has plans to meet let me know. I will start to keep an eye out for shows/exhibitions etc from now on too. You can teach me how to create masterpieces and i`ll buy the nice cold guiness !

aha its stuff like this where i wish i was more mobile. i can imagine that the spring / summer fair stuff at the NEC could be hot places for 3D printing!

Yeah no doubt the NEC will have a fair soon. Northampton isnt far, you can make it for a pint :)

So where are you in the Midlands ? I am in Lichfield.

Might be worth us seeing if we can put together a mini meetup, there must be more 3d printers in the area.

You on 3d hubs? we need more printers

Thirty, your just around the corner from me. Was in Lichfield on Monday night eating in the thai restaurant :)

I`m in Tamworth.

3dhubs, I`ll look today and join up. I need to join up on thingiverse too!

Anyone got any jobs I can have to earn a few extra quid... I went to Cheltenham yesterday and returned home considerably poorer than when I went haha :p

D3D Live is an exhibition about all stuff 3D, including rendering, solidworks, Creo. Makerbot etc... it`s at the university of Warwick next Tuesday, 15th April.

Think I`m gonna go take a wonder :)

Google it... cos this website still wont let me copy & paste :@

www.develop3dlive.com

In Warwickshire tomorrow. Might have a day out of the office :p

Dang, I wish I still lived in Nottingham. AFAIK, it's a 4 hour or so drive to the nearest Ultimaker owner from here in downtown Memphis. :-(

Thirty, that show was pretty cool actually. There was tonnes of printing going on, and the scanners amazed me, such detail these days! There were speakers from GrabCad which was pretty cool, and speakers on the emerging legal companies that are starting to look into the IP regarding printing, its a mine field.

I`m just searching for another exhibition in the UK, i know there is one coming up soon, will post link when i find it

Spent the day yesterday at the TCT Show on the 3dhubs stand. Really good show with plenty to see and it was not as biased towards the monster machines as i thought.

Now the proud owner of an Ultimaker 2, a new E3D hotend for the ultimaker original and a roll of bridge + loads of filament samples from colorfabb ; )