other materials ; Kimya Peba-s

BaileyKU

Posted · other materials ; Kimya Peba-s

Hello,

I would like to ask some questions about Kimya Peba-s filament printing.

This is our first time to print other materials(non Untimaker filaments).

I connected the material to the printer and we completed printing with Peba-s material from Kimya.

But the quality is not so good.

We keep trying peba-s filament printing under other conditions.

So, i would like to ask if you have any experiences in peba filament printing?
If so, can you share conditions of printing?
It is okay the filament isn't from Kimya.
I just wonder about peba filament printing.

Thank you.

Hey @BaileyKU,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🚀 

I'm super curious about what is happening so I have a lot of questions 🤔

Did you install the material from the marketplace to slice and print with?

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/materials/FVI/PEBA

Did you change any settings away from the default?
    How did you store the material? I see on the website that it is reccommended to store away from light, humidity and heat to maintain the properties of the product.

Do you have pictures of how your quality is not so good?

Would you feel comfortable sharing a project file for us? Perhaps I can have someone from the materials team take a look at your problem. A project file contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 
    To save a project file go to File -> Save project. 

Hi @Marimakes

Thank you for welcoming me 🙂

Did you install the material from the marketplace to slice and print with?

-> Yes of course, we already installed and set recommended values. 

Did you change any settings away from the default?

-> Please refer to the files attached.

How did you store the material? I see on the website that it is reccommended to store away from light, humidity and heat to maintain the properties of the product.

-> We store our filaments in exact conditions. (we control our space with dehumidifier and air conditioner)

Do you have pictures of how your quality is not so good?

-> Please refer to the files attached.

Would you feel comfortable sharing a project file for us? Perhaps I can have someone from the materials team take a look at your problem. A project file contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 

-> this is our first time So we just trying with small one. I attached the sample file. Can you check the file?

Attached '11' is another structure we are trying now.

I appreciate for your reply.

And I hope we solve this problem together.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

setting.GIF

TDS.GIF

11.jpg

cat.stl

PebaS.thumb.jpeg.1556c3aeaf4f14a4ae4c565bfcb1642a.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the file and answers.
    I was able to get a fresh spool from our collegueues and this was the result of my first print.
    I didn't change a single setting from the marketplace material
    image.thumb.png.5ae3e0787d8da07aa21d537375db2566.png

Here is the project file I used:
    UMS5_cat.3mf

It's such a cute print 🤩

I believe the printing temperatures you are using are too low.  During printing I noticed that there are high temperatures involved. I used an air manager on my S5, but I can imagine that the print wouldve come out worse if the room was cold. 

I have printed quite a bit with Kimya's PEBA specifically. It's a tricky material in my opinion. Lots of stringing and hard to get good overhangs. Bridging was a big no-no for me, I couldn't get them to print in any acceptable quality. I've tried printing a bunch of phone cases with it and while they mostly came out just fine I couldn't get a good result on the holes for changer and AUX where there needed to be bridging. I ended up printing a few sets of coasters, simple discs with 0 bottom thickness/layers and gyroid infill. Those turned out pretty cool.

But as Mari wrote, I think you have to raise the temperatures a bit, the filament seems prone to under-extrusion (while still oozing and stringing a lot, which is frustrating). I also concluded that a little bit shorter retraction distance but with higher retraction speed helped me get better results in most cases, to counter some of the stringing and oozing.. And an enclosed printer with front door and a box on top. The one instance where it worked notably well was on prints without any overhangs or bridges where I could crank the heat a bit extra and have minimal retractions. Prints like that came out really good.

I rarely got it to print perfectly though, but I thought I would share my experiences and keep an eye on this thread to see if I can find some tips as well. It's a really interesting material that I can imagine has a bunch of usage if you manage to get good print quality. It's crazy strong with good layer adhesion and has a really nice flex to it, much more "swung" compared to TPU for example. I made a mouse-bungee for my work computer, printing one with TPU and one with PEBA, and while the TPU one turned out pretty "meh" and kind of just sagged, the PEBA one worked like a charm thanks to it being kind of stiff while still having good flex.

Good luck with your prints!

• Like 1

Many thanks guys!
    We keep trying printing with PEBA-S.
    And we would like to share our experience with you.

We are preparing 1.75mm PEBA-S and Flexfill Peba filament printing also.

So, I have another question.

Which one did you print PEBA-S 1.75mm or 2.85mm?

And Which machine did you try? S5?

Thank you!

I've been using an UM2+, so 2.85mm PEBA-S filament.

And I think that has helped a bit, since flexible materials tend to give problems with bowden printers. I would think that 2.85mm filament is easier to push through the bowden tube than 1.75mm filament would be, because it feels like a thicker filament should be a bit more stiff. That's just a guess though.

Good luck!

I've also been printing with 2.85 filament on an UltiMaker S5.

Thank you very much.
    We also did 2.85, S5.

If there are any updates, i will keep updating.

Thanks!
    Bailey