Connectivity issues via USB cable to JGAurora A5S

Posted · Connectivity issues via USB cable to JGAurora A5S

I have a JGAurora A5S and I am trying to update my firmware. I am using the cable that came with the machine, and it has worked for printing on an older version of Cura Slicer. I have the CH340 driver but it is not being recognized by this version of Cura. Ponterface recognizes it, but they have a Port selection. Can anyone help with this issue? Please and Thank you!!!

Posted · Connectivity issues via USB cable to JGAurora A5S

USB Printing is a plugin in the Cura Marketplace.  It should be installed by default.  You can go to the Marketplace and make sure it is enabled.

It checks for ports every 5 seconds and has an automatic baud rate check.

That's about all you can do.  If it works it works and if it doesn't it doesn't.

No Ultimaker printers use USB printing and so the Ultimaker Company won't be putting any time or effort (read that as "money") into USB printing.  It is included with Cura but isn't maintained.  Cura is open source and anyone could pick up the ball and update it.  I think it is significant that no one has.  There are so many different printers and mainboards out there and they update/change constantly.  Maintenance would be a nightmare.

I don't know Pronterface but can't you use it to send the file?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies