Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
joatrash

Payment in DOLLARS via Paypal?

Sent an e-mail to "sales@" but they have not responded yet, so I'll try here.

I am getting close to ordering an Ultimaker 2. However, the funds I have in my PP account are in dollars, not euros, and the shopping cart shows the latter. How is your system set up to handle this? (Using Paypals AWFUL currency conversion rates to euro would likely end up costing me over $159 MORE for the printer, so I'd rather not do that!)

Also.. is the current shipping time of 8 weeks accurate?

I used a credit card to pay directly in Paypal for the 995 euro UM1 combo for a total of 1050.23 euros w/shipping. At mid February this equated to 1436.71 USD + a 43.10 USD foreign transaction fee.

So $159sounds much too high. Seems like it should be 75-80 USD. Could you use a credit card? Check their xact fee first!

So I looked into this a little which I should have done before purchasing!!!! Anyway, Visa/MC will charge an additional 1% and the issue can add 1-3% more! My issuer added 2%.

Capital One, MBNA America, FleetBoston and Wachovia are not charging fees on foreign transactions.

None of the nation's credit unions charge these fees. Most community banks don't either.

HTH.

I used a credit card to pay directly in Paypal for the 995 euro UM1 combo for a total of 1050.23 euros w/shipping. At mid February this equated to 1436.71 USD + a 43.10 USD foreign transaction fee.

So $159sounds much too high. Seems like it should be 75-80 USD. Could you use a credit card? Check their xact fee first!

The $159 came from PP. My total order, UM2 plus 2 rolls of extra filament and shipping ends up being about 2400 Euro or $3300 converted using Google's more generous exchange rate. Doing a quick cal in PP showed about $3459.

I've e-mailed sales, posted here AND PMed Sander but no official reply yet...

I find it difficult to believe that you are blaming UM for changes in the international currency exchange rates, and that UM has any influence on the charges Paypal is leveraging on you... it almost sounds like this is the first time you ordered anything internationally. welcome to the real world.