links and information missing from Ultimaker site

kayakbabe

Posted · links and information missing from Ultimaker site

I am having a problem today. I am using all ultimaker branded materials with the NFC tags. 

I switched materials and the new material didn't work with my profile settings so Cura gave the appropriate message and the little orange triangle. Yay! Cura won't let me do something stupid. BUT, the link for "learn more" went to a page which contained a link to find material profiles. I followed that to a blank blank screen. I expected to see a grid of what can be used with what nozzle etc. I've seen it before. But instead I was led to this page

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667411313529

which wasn't very helpful. that article did contain a link to " can be found on the "How to print" information of the Ultimaker materials."

I followed the how to print link... which is a blank white page... here https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002336619-Materials

Then I tried to go to ultimaker.com and the materials section and find petg. BUT there is hardly any info on the petg on the petg page. not what I need anyway like bed temp, matching nozzles (ultimaker brand nozzles like aa or whatever), print temp... print speeds etc. There is only minimal info on compatibility, properties, applications, but NOT the info a person using the stuff would really need!  The site is pretty and has a lot of white space (too much white space which isn't 
white space from a designer standpoint, it's just wasted space from a usability stand point.

Anyway, I 'm a recovering web architect who is now doing other stuff besides web development and as a consumer of ultimaker materials (and hardware) I'm really frustrated by the current state of the website. It's much less helpful that in the past iterations. Please bring back the information we need to actually use Ultimaker materials. Ease of use is why I bought into Ultimaker but it's getting less easy.  

note: Your tags available for this topic are an example of lack or loss of usability also. Most non web geeks do not know what a ux is. And um.com is not ultimaker.com, It is entirely a different site (and for sale by the way). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @kayakbabe,

Thanks for your report 👍

We are aware that a number of our support links broken and are working hard behind the scenes to resolve this. 
    The links are broken during a migration of our support content due to our recent company merger.
    I'll inform our support exports to take a look at the links you shared. 

We have a Generic PETG material that you can use for non Ultimaker PETGs.
    Do those settings not give you the result you are looking for? 
    They should provide you with  bed temp, print temp... print speeds etc.
    image.thumb.png.fd22ca0ba1d6bc896df148161a9ed572.png

Hi @kayakbabe,

Thank you for your elaborate feedback. We have moved forward and relinked the article to the correct one.
    We are still improving the website every week. We will have a big 'rebranding' round in Q1 next year. It's not ideal, but I can tell you that the site will 'breath' UltiMaker before you know it!

Kind regards,

Jeroen Stevens, UltiMaker support team

• Like 1