Number of layers does not match height

bren
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Number of layers does not match height

I have a little cube 10x10x10 mm as test. I slice it with cura 5.1.0. In preview Cura says that there ale 33 layers but this is non right.  32*0.2 + 0.3 = 6.7 mm instead of 10.

If i print the cube with mi Anycubic i3 mega it he will be 10mm tall. no problem.

The problem arises if i want to pause at height to insert something. If i will made a pause at height aproximateli at the midle of he cube height i have to say  to pause at sixteenth layer. but that means 15*0.2+0.3 is 3.3 mm insted of 5 mm.

Can someone please tell me where is the error?

I attach the files .3mf and the gcode.

Thanks in advance.

prova tre.3mf AI3M_prova tre.3mf AI3M_prova tre.gcode

• Solution
    Posted · Number of layers does not match height

You have "Use Adaptive Layers" turned on in the Experimental section.  Your Maximum Variation is 0.10mm.  Since there are no curves to calculate adaptive layers for - Cura figures each layer height +0.10 since that's what it is being told to use.

So the math (for this model) is really 10/.3 = 33.3.  Since Cura will not print a layer that is outside the model you end up with a model that is 33 layers tall and 9.9mm instead of the full 10mm tall.

You can see in the Gcode that the last Z height (gcode Layer:32) is:

G0 F600 X107.323 Y52.765 Z9.9
    G0 F7200 X99.504 Y45.473
    ;TIME_ELAPSED:226.715676
    ;LAYER:32

And Layer:31 went down at Z=9.6.

Turn off "Make Overhangs Printable" in the Experimental section as well.  Like "Remove All Holes" it's a niche setting that is handy when you need it but can just be confusing when you don't.  Horizontal holes will all print with a chamfer inside because it's an overhang and Cura is making it printable.

• Heart 1