The most Liked Geek in the Town :-) Id like to thank my parents....

ian

Posted · The most Liked Geek in the Town :-) Id like to thank my parents....

The most Liked Geek in the Town :-) Id like to thank my parents....

A friend just pointed out this morning that I have just received more LIKES than any other member on this forum.. HEHE :-)

So I would like to thank some people for this great honour...

My mom... for holding on and pushing......

My dad.. for giving all the right stuff ;-) go dad !

For my first teacher. may she rest in peace...

And for all the wonderful people here on this forum.. god bless you all..

Now where the hell is my big shiny gold award....... ?????

Ian ;-)

victory.jpg

Robert.. no way !!!

Because im Irish.. im from a minority in Europe, we get extra points !! ;-)

Ian LOLLL

I just want to add...

This .. let us simply say... incredible success on my behalf.. will not for one second effect my relationship between my precious time and you the little people !!

Ian LOL

Pfff. I go away for a couple of weeks, and this is what happens.... I was miles in the lead on likes last time I looked. Impertinent Irish ... Mumble mumble mumble... and that GR5 guy??? Why would anyone like anything HE says??? ;-)

Seriously though, I'm amazed at how great this forum has become. I had my doubts when we moved to this new forum system a year ago, and I started being a moderator. I found the old google group to be perfectly good for my needs, and wasn't convinced that a new official forum would be significantly better than the old one, which had become dysfunctional.

But it really has thrived. The community has grown, and in addition to the folks from UM and the moderators, there are a bunch of really passionate, knowledgable users contributing, helping one another and sharing. When I last looked at the stats, I was surprised to see just how much it had grown to dwarf the old google group. Over a thousand posts per week now, and we seem to have a remarkably good natured and welcoming community.

So well done, Ian (Enjoy your short-lived victory :-p ) But, even more so, well done to everyone here. I've heard many people now both online and offline tell me how important our community is, and how much it's helped them, or gave them confidence to buy in to the Ultimaker universe themselves. I think we should all be pretty proud of that!!

Can't really add much to that, very well said. (Now, do I click the like button or not.... :p).

On a personal note I'm also extremely happy that the forum took off. I was fairly vocal about my preference back when the forum was still getting started and there was still "competition" between it and the google groups. It feels like we now have a fairly healthy user base on both platforms so people can pick the one they like.

Hi illuminarti,

Lately I felt the lack of your posts, so I will here help you to regain the throne. or not, already given 2 or 3 likes to Ian on this thread :mrgreen:

I am glad you are back

When i was still in the process of finding the 3d printer to buy this forum and all the very interesting posts and comments was one of the big reasons to make me click on the buy button for the UM2. The community is great, i like how the gurus get involved in the problems posted here. I feel very confortable with my choice because the UM is a great machine and that if it fails for any reason i'll find good and helpfull help here very fast.

Hey guys

Recently I saw some interesting statistics from the Olympic Winter Games in Sotchi. Of course there were the standard statistics (which country has the most gold medals, silver medals, etc.). And then there was a medal efficiency calculation. The number of medals won was divided once by the number of athletes from each country and once by the number of participations at competitions of all the athletes from each contry. And guess which contry was best... the Netherlands, land of Ultimaker... :-P

I just allowed myself to calculate some numbers such as number of likes divided by the number of posts to get a 'like efficiency'. Ian, Robert, I have to say, although you're not on top in these statistics you're at least ex aequo... :wink: So don't worry...

Boom! Take that Ian :p

(And just in case there's any sort of doubt, all my posts here are just me being silly)

Information and statistics can be used to prove anything !! LOL ;-)

All I know in my simple modest way is...

IM THE BEST

IM THE BEST

IM THE BEST......

I said Im modest ! ;-)

But apart from joking :-)

I have to say the forum is growing amazingly at the moment with bunches of brilliant happy new people all the time.

And I think the whole thing is a lot to do with the boss behind it. Sander.

We as a community couldnt ask for a better man to captain this ship.... Fair. Helpful and Creative.. a winning combination to make a lot of people very happy.

Facebook beware.. The Ultimaker Forum is coming .....

Ian :-)

Pfff. I go away for a couple of weeks, and this is what happens....

A couple of WEEKS??? What were you thinking, leaving us here all alone with people like Ian o.O

Now you see what came out of it...

No, seriously.. I love you guys (especially for being simple and modest all the time)! Best forum ever :D

Ian,

By my calculations, everyone on that list has a year or less to catch up to you going by their date joined! :cool:

Except Daid.

1) IT'S AARON'S FAULT! That damned AaronAlkalai or whatever his name is - he hit the like limit and Robert gave him the ability to do more likes in a single day than the forum initially allowed. :)

2) I am going to hit "like" on all of Ian's post for a week until he is well ahead of everyone else - I get nervous when I stand out.

3) I actually looked at this same screen yesterday and saw that I was getting dangerously close to the most posts. I'm going to have to moderate myself a bit and try not to post 2 posts in a row on the same topic and try to combine it into one post. I don't want people to think that I don't have a life or something! Daid has the most posts - he's the one without a life - I'm just fine! :)

Does this make you feel better gr5? This is from a forum I used to frequent.

• [*]Total Posts: 19,304

[*]Posts Per Day: 4.54 (it has probably been 8 years since I was active and I'm still on that average :p )

1) IT'S AARON'S FAULT! That damned AaronAlkalai or whatever his name is - he hit the like limit and Robert gave him the ability to do more likes in a single day than the forum initially allowed. :)

2) I am going to hit "like" on all of Ian's post for a week until he is well ahead of everyone else - I get nervous when I stand out.

3) I actually looked at this same screen yesterday and saw that I was getting dangerously close to the most posts. I'm going to have to moderate myself a bit and try not to post 2 posts in a row on the same topic and try to combine it into one post. I don't want people to think that I don't have a life or something! Daid has the most posts - he's the one without a life - I'm just fine! :)

1) It's Aaron who is the most efficient in collecting likes... ;) Nearly one like every three posts...impressive! Imagine what happens if this man finally receives an Ultimaker!

3) Rumour has it that it is actually Daid's cat who is writing all the posts... :lol: So, who is your ghostwriter, gr5?

I've discovered that one can "like" one's own post.

It's Aaron who is the most efficient in collecting likes.

Ha! He is probably liking his own posts then.

Guys, its great to have you all here helping and assisting - and make fun :-)

Thanks everybody, you deserve it (and yes, Ian, the statistics shows :-) )

PS: now, I also like to get also a like *LOL*

PPS: good night johnboy... :-) damn waltons...

You can see the names of who likes a post. I totally have to demonstrate that right now...

lol it really works

Information and statistics can be used to prove anything !! LOL :wink:

All I know in my simple modest way is...

IM THE BEST

IM THE BEST

IM THE BEST......

I said Im modest ! :wink:

But apart from joking :smile:

I have to say the forum is growing amazingly at the moment with bunches of brilliant happy new people all the time.

And I think the whole thing is a lot to do with the boss behind it. Sander.

We as a community couldnt ask for a better man to captain this ship.... Fair. Helpful and Creative.. a winning combination to make a lot of people very happy.

Facebook beware.. The Ultimaker Forum is coming .....

Ian :smile:

oh Ian you.. :oops:

Who was it? Bob Hope? When he came to the stage for his speech at the Oscar ceremony, he said:

I thank my parents who made this possible...

and my children who made this necessary...

I also love this forum and i wish we could have a big meeting one day to see each other in person.

I`m up for that Albert... You can buy the beers ! :p