GCode Circle

justflow

Hello everyone,

I have one i think really easy thing for you guys.

I need to make GCode for circle that starts in center of circle so i can modify center points

Every circle i make start point is on one of circle points but i need circle who starts in the middle...

For tomorow job so please if anyone knows how to do that paste me Gcode for it i need to mill it tomorow.

I will be so thankful.

There is the picture of that. Sorry it is not the good one but i am in kind of hurry :D

GCode Circle

If youre milling with ISO coding, then i think i can help. I mainly use ISO on lathes though and not mills so i may be rusty, i use heidenhain on our mills at work. Anyway hope this helps

If your circle is for instance 50mm diameter then this would be the coding to mill what you want

G0 X0 Y0 (This is the centre of your circle)

G0 Z1.0 F100 (Rapid to 1mm above the top of youre workpiece, with feed of 100)

G1 K-1.0 (Incrementally move 1mm lower in Z)

G1 X0 Y25.0 (Move up to perpendicular to your start point)

G2 X0 Y-25.0 I0 J0 (Clockwise movement 180 degrees from where it is with the centre at your "start" point

G2 X0 Y25 I0 J0 (Clockwise movement another 180 degrees back to where you started)

G0 Z5.0

It kind of depends what youre cutting really, ideally you should radius onto the cutting path if possible for a nicer finish. Can you explain what youre wanting to do and i may be able to assist you better :)

Posted · GCode Circle

If youre milling with ISO coding, then i think i can help. I mainly use ISO on lathes though and not mills so i may be rusty, i use heidenhain on our mills at work. Anyway hope this helps

If your circle is for instance 50mm diameter then this would be the coding to mill what you want

G0 X0 Y0 (This is the centre of your circle)

G0 Z1.0 F100 (Rapid to 1mm above the top of youre workpiece, with feed of 100)

G1 K-1.0 (Incrementally move 1mm lower in Z)

G1 X0 Y25.0 (Move up to perpendicular to your start point)

G2 X0 Y-25.0 I0 J0 (Clockwise movement 180 degrees from where it is with the centre at your "start" point

G2 X0 Y25 I0 J0 (Clockwise movement another 180 degrees back to where you started)

G0 Z5.0

It kind of depends what youre cutting really, ideally you should radius onto the cutting path if possible for a nicer finish. Can you explain what youre wanting to do and i may be able to assist you better :)

First thanks for your post

I am working in RepRap and I am printing some lego stuff.

RepRap printing is really good but i needed to create Milling option witch i did

So when finish printing need to start mill the 3 holes in that figure or model.

It is about circle holes.

So i programed in C# analyzer who finds middle points of that 3 holes

So i need circle with start point from that middle point of the hole.

I think i explained this better now :D