Unable to print via cloud / Digital Factory [UMS5]

ESokkoEVBL

Posted · Unable to print via cloud / Digital Factory [UMS5]

Hi,

As the title states, I'm unable to print via cloud. If I try to send the print file via cloud from Cura or directly start the print from DF projects, it will get stuck in "In Transit" and after a while will state "Failed Sending".

I am able to send prints over network (ethernet cable to a dedicated IP-address). I can see my printer and all through Digital Factory (Well..., DF camera feed is not working). I have the latest stable firmware for the S5 (7.0.3). I can also use the management console where also the camera feed is working. Printer is in professional environment, so I've got heaps of IT-hoops and security measures. 

Is there a port which should be opened still?

Could it be Port 32118? "When signing-in from Ultimaker Cura, the application creates its own local web server via http://localhost:32118. This is webserver handles the authentication that takes place when the user logs in from Cura. This port must not be blocked on the local computer."

Regarding the port 32118, I understand that this port has to be open on the user PC? It's not referring to the printer ports here?

I noticed printer has not enabled firewall. Does this have an effect to this?

Something else I could check?

Thanks

4 hours ago, IRobertI said:

Information regarding network requirements can be found here:
    https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667337958118

Hi,

This is a page I've been staring all too long. 

Ports 80 and 8080 are open as I'm able to control the printer and via management console I also have camera feed. Ports 443 and 123 are open as DF is able to connect to the printer and timestamps are correct with history log. Port 5353 should be open as I'm able to connect to the printer. Although I did not "discover" the printer but instead I just connected with direct IP-address.

Only port I'm unsure (don't have access to see) is the Port 32118. Does this affect my ability to send print files via cloud? Or the ability to send print files directly from Digital Factory.

Could it be something to do with the web pages required to be whitelisted? To my knowledge all of the pages are accessible to me so they shouldn't be blocked.

As stated, the file delivery gets stuck on "In Transit" and then fails all together. Sending from Cura over network (even over VPN) is possible and causes no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait I've seen a similar problem before and the cause of that was a corrupted file (or a file that is too big) being sent to the printer. Does it happen for the same files? can you try a different simple print just to test that it's not the file? 

That port 32118 shouldn't be a problem for you if you can login in your account in Cura. 

If that still doesn't work, I suggest to do a Digital Factory reset on your printer, then connect it again. Just to refresh all of the DF stuff. 

I hope this helps you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
    On 1/6/2023 at 12:42 AM, territerri said:

Wait I've seen a similar problem before and the cause of that was a corrupted file (or a file that is too big) being sent to the printer. Does it happen for the same files? can you try a different simple print just to test that it's not the file? 

That port 32118 shouldn't be a problem for you if you can login in your account in Cura. 

If that still doesn't work, I suggest to do a Digital Factory reset on your printer, then connect it again. Just to refresh all of the DF stuff. 

I hope this helps you! 

Hi, thanks for the help.

I have tried now sending various sized prints (between a simple cube and more complex parts). The filesizes have varied a lot but highest was around 50mb .3mf file in-use. Dont know exactly the size of the .ufp file. This did not help.

I then tried to re-export as STL (using NX1973) with both high-def and "normal" polygon settings. This did not help. I also tried for the heck of it the direct plugin from Cura to receive the .prt files from NX. As you've guessed did not help either.

I already performed the disconnect and reconnection between my printer and DF but to no avail. Connection can be made without a hiccup.

I wonder if the network type is somehow incorrect that I'm not able receive any feedback from the printer back to the internet. Maybe I could double check it with IT. 

Posted (edited) · Unable to print via cloud / Digital Factory [UMS5]

I've got the same problem now as well, but I suspect it's because IT tightened the policy around internet safety last week. I did get the DF whitelisted and the printers excluded from webfiltering. This allowed me to regain insight to the webcam through the DF again, but sending print tasks to the printer is still not possible.

I've forwarded to website communicated in a comment earlier to our IT department, hopefully they can do something with it.

Edited by DDoove