Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
r4ix

Modification in Marlin firmware for a heated chamber

Hi!

Recently i build a heated chamber for the UM1 and i use a fan heater for heat it.

To control the temperature i though in use the "second extruder option" in the firmware so i can control the chamber temperature with the ulticontroller (Nozzle2) the heater is triggered with a relay (same configuration as the hot bed, also with a 100k termistor.

The fact is PID temperature control is enable in firmware. I would like to disable PID control for the second extruder only.

I've used the Ginge marlin's builder for the firmware and there is an option for disable PID control, but it does for all the 3 sensors.

I guess there's an option in marlin firmware for that.

By the way i've been looking at configuration.h in the firmware. I think best option is to modify the PID parameters (kp,ki,kd and window size) for the heater2 (in configuration.h) but i just find the way to configure for both heaters and not separatly...

Sure it will be in other ".h" file.

anyone knows something about that?

Thanks.

Rai!

Hey Im trying to do this exact same thing.

Im using a ramps 1.4 board right now with marlin. Ramps has D8 D9 and D10 outputs. D8 is extruder 1 D10 is heatbed and D9 should be extruder 2 but will switch a relay going to a heat gun inside the box housing my printer.

Is there any way to add additional temp controllers in Marlin? Seems like there must be since Rambo boards have 4 thermister inputs built in. How can these thermister inputs be used??

thanks for any advice!