Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
thehitman04

It Has Arrived

Well 4 days after i ordered it its here, im unpacking now and will post pics to follow but 1 question i have thats not in the manual, is how do i get the glass panel from underneath the build plate? i thought id ask rather than turn it on first and smash the thing lol

Don't turn it on. Grab the screw and twist it and the bed will rise up. Expect to have to wash your hands after as the screw is covered in green grease.

Awesome Hitman, congrats !

The manual doesn't mention the glass bed... I switched my printer on and the whole thing made a dreaded noise, then the bed was released... it seems ok Phew !

Cheers mate

yeh theres a few things missing from this manual lol, ive got the online one open too just incase either or is missing something. Just need to clip this glass in now and were ready to fire her up :)

Well none of those came out too well, i cleaned the nozzle and manually brought filament through it but when printing it either doesnt stick or the nozzle is too close and its removing itself as it lays down material. Once its shifted a bit its melting to the end of the nozzle and clogging. Ill try re calibrating the head.

Make sure that the bed is either very clean (no oily fingerprints or other residue) or put on a bit of glue stick if the PLA refuses to stick. And of course make sure it's nice and level like you're already attempting. My personal preference is also to print a thinner first layer than the default 0.3mm which I think is too thick and causes more problems.

Ill give it a go. ive just reset the bed, which appeared to be too close on the left and right edges. i duno if i was resting on something the first time and getting false results so we'll see now. Shall post results shortly

When you do 'move material' is it even trying to extrude? Does the extruder gear on the back turn). If you spin it anticlockwise, you should be able to see the filament moving backwards in the tube (watch the teethmarks in the filament closely to see it moving).

There was a bug in the firmware until fairly recently that sometimes stopped move material from doing anything. Power cycling usually fixes the problem. There have been other problems to do with aborting prints etc that might be causing you problems too, I suggest you install the latest firmware by getting the beta version of Cura, and then connecting to the printer over USB, and doing 'Machine -> Install Default Firmware'.

(The latest beta version of Cura is at http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/)