It Has Arrived

thehitman04

Posted · It Has Arrived

Well 4 days after i ordered it its here, im unpacking now and will post pics to follow but 1 question i have thats not in the manual, is how do i get the glass panel from underneath the build plate? i thought id ask rather than turn it on first and smash the thing lol

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · It Has Arrived

Don't turn it on. Grab the screw and twist it and the bed will rise up. Expect to have to wash your hands after as the screw is covered in green grease.

Posted · It Has Arrived

Awesome Hitman, congrats !

The manual doesn't mention the glass bed... I switched my printer on and the whole thing made a dreaded noise, then the bed was released... it seems ok Phew !

Posted · It Has Arrived

Cheers mate

yeh theres a few things missing from this manual lol, ive got the online one open too just incase either or is missing something. Just need to clip this glass in now and were ready to fire her up :)

Posted · It Has Arrived

Check out my thread in Questions & Answers... " First Print right out the box " or something like that, on Page two you`ll see my go at it all haha

Posted · It Has Arrived

I think i read it the other day lol, ill have another flick back through now though. Anyway powers on and its alive!

Posted · It Has Arrived

The excitement of the first little robot being printed is sooooooooooo cool !

Posted · It Has Arrived

i cant wait, on levelling the bed now. If only i could find my feeler gauges lol

Posted · It Has Arrived

Just do what I did, guess it :p

Posted · It Has Arrived

oh its not liking the insertion of new filament, i duno if its not going through the hole on the inside but it sounds like its really struggling

Posted · It Has Arrived

i found a steel rule that was a mm thick :) and just had to really wiggle the tube to get the filament to pass through. its feeding its way in as we speak

Posted · It Has Arrived

Print-O-Clock :)

Posted · It Has Arrived

i just fired hot plastic all over lol, but its now preparing to do the little robot :)

Posted · It Has Arrived

its printing but i think the nozzle may be blocked as theres barely any plastic coming out :(

Posted · It Has Arrived

Well none of those came out too well, i cleaned the nozzle and manually brought filament through it but when printing it either doesnt stick or the nozzle is too close and its removing itself as it lays down material. Once its shifted a bit its melting to the end of the nozzle and clogging. Ill try re calibrating the head.

Posted · It Has Arrived

Make sure that the bed is either very clean (no oily fingerprints or other residue) or put on a bit of glue stick if the PLA refuses to stick. And of course make sure it's nice and level like you're already attempting. My personal preference is also to print a thinner first layer than the default 0.3mm which I think is too thick and causes more problems.

Posted · It Has Arrived

Ill give it a go. ive just reset the bed, which appeared to be too close on the left and right edges. i duno if i was resting on something the first time and getting false results so we'll see now. Shall post results shortly

Posted · It Has Arrived

Hmm well i reset it and glued the bed, tried again and still nothing. Im wondering now if the nozzle may be blocked. I tried extruding by had and its doing nothing now. Time to tinker i guess

Posted · It Has Arrived

Welcome to 3D printing haha... Keep us posted what happens. When you prepare a print and the head starts heating up, does the PLA start running out ?

Posted · It Has Arrived

the first time it did yeh, but not anymore. I might get a pin and try and free up anything stuck in it

Posted · It Has Arrived

You can go into maintenance on the printer menu and heat up the nozzle too....

Posted · It Has Arrived

yeh im in that at the moment, well the move material section,. It says to spin the wheel to flow material through at 210 degrees but its coming out very slowly if at all

Posted · It Has Arrived

When you do 'move material' is it even trying to extrude? Does the extruder gear on the back turn). If you spin it anticlockwise, you should be able to see the filament moving backwards in the tube (watch the teethmarks in the filament closely to see it moving).

There was a bug in the firmware until fairly recently that sometimes stopped move material from doing anything. Power cycling usually fixes the problem. There have been other problems to do with aborting prints etc that might be causing you problems too, I suggest you install the latest firmware by getting the beta version of Cura, and then connecting to the printer over USB, and doing 'Machine -> Install Default Firmware'.

(The latest beta version of Cura is at http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/)