Why are the Plugins not translated into the most common languages? ¿Por qué los Plugin no están traducidos a los idiomas mas comunes?

Artesanowallets

Posted (edited) · Why are the Plugins not translated into the most common languages? ¿Por qué los Plugin no están traducidos a los idiomas mas comunes?

Hola,

Supongo que Cura da mucho trabajo a sus creadores y es básicamente a lo que atribuyo el error de las no traducciones a los idiomas mas comunes de algunas de sus partes. Pero lo peor no es eso, lo peor es que el texto de las explicaciones de los plugin, no se puede seleccionar y copiar para pasarlo por un traductor y entender el mensaje.

Si es posible que para nuevas actualizaciones el equipo de creadores de Cura, diera solución a un problema difícil de salvar para los que no sabemos idioma ingles, seria de gran ayuda para la comprensión del funcionamiento de Cura.

Hello,

I suppose that Cura gives its creators a lot of work and that is basically what I attribute to the error of not translating some of its parts into the most common languages. But the worst thing is not that, the worst thing is that the text of the plugin explanations cannot be selected and copied to pass it through a translator and understand the message.

If it is possible that for new updates the team of creators of Cura could solve a difficult problem for those of us who do not know the English language, it would be of great help to understand how Cura works.

Edited by Artesanowallets

• Artesanowallets changed the title to Why are the Plugins not translated into the most common languages? ¿Por qué los Plugin no están traducidos a los idiomas mas comunes?
    Posted (edited) · Why are the Plugins not translated into the most common languages? ¿Por qué los Plugin no están traducidos a los idiomas mas comunes?

The plugins are mostly created by people who are not part of the Ultimaker company, they are open source software and if people need or want to translate them, they can offer their contribution via the Github where their source code are located.

As they often offer a limited graphical interface, it is often not absolutely necessary to translate them. In your case I assume you are referring to the excellent https://github.com/Ghostkeeper/SettingsGuide plugin maintained by @ghostkeeper. The text of this plugin has already been translated into some French/German/Czech languages.

The texts are in editable MD format (Simple Text format) and easily translatable.

Now you know what you have to do.

Edited by Cuq

Posted · Why are the Plugins not translated into the most common languages? ¿Por qué los Plugin no están traducidos a los idiomas mas comunes?

Note: If you also have some money and you don't know what to do with it, you can also use the services of a specialized company to do the work. But be careful about the amount for this plugin that represents about 700 files to translate and 146000 words. The rate (in France) of a translation is between 0.07 and 0.10cts/word for a common language that should not cost you more than 12000€.

Gracias, por poner luz a mi desconocimiento, pero ten en cuenta que si planteo esta cuestión es por que no soy informático, mis conocimientos están limitados a usuario de algunos programas que mi pobre psique a sido capaz de aprender y asimilar, Tampoco me sobra el tiempo ya que debo trabajar duro para sobrevivir y mucho menos poseo los recursos necesarios para colaborar con las traducciones de Cura. Como comprenderás, espero,  solo puedo cruzar los dedos y hacer ver posibles mejoras en Cura. 

Muchas gracias por tu paciencia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, for shedding light on my ignorance, but keep in mind that if I raise this question it is because I am not a computer scientist, my knowledge is limited to the user of some programs that my poor psyche has been able to learn and assimilate. time, since I have to work hard to survive, let alone have the necessary resources to collaborate with the translations of Cura. As you will understand, I hope, I can only cross my fingers and show possible improvements in Cura.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Edited by Artesanowallets