Explanation for "flow sensor detection margin" setting in material profile - can this help with ER65?

Posted · Explanation for "flow sensor detection margin" setting in material profile - can this help with ER65?

Hi all, I own S5 pro bundle and print various materials favorably ASA, PAHT, BVOH and TPU successfully.

For soft parts I have found the foaming Varioshore TPU from Colorfab excellent. However, here and then I get an ER65.

I like to understand how exactly the "flow sensor detection margin" setting in the material profile works. I cannot find any documentation.

Is my assumption correct, that when increasing it from the default value of 0.8 to e.g. 1.5 i decrease the likelyhood that the flow sensor kicks-in?.

When this error happens, i can simply press the continue button on the display and the print continues like nothing happened. However, with a 2 day print thats impractical.

And yes, of course i have read all ER65 support material documentation.

* adjusted feeders (higher tension for softer TPU)

* recalibrated the decoupler

* cleaned everything, good tubes, .

* dry material

* retraction settings for 0.8mm nozzle at 10mm for 40mm/s speeds (to reduce oozing)

Thx,

FG