Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
sebastian

UM2: Nozzle not heating up anymore

Got the new heater. Installed and passed into the black tubing while removing old one, tuned the PID and now run like a charm.

Getting to the screw to hook the new heater on the board was quite some work but very fun to do :).

I'm happy that the assembly manual is available online. It was quite usefull in all of this.

Hi Sebastian,

Were you able to remove the broken heater cartridge out of the heater block? If so how?

I have this same problem. I think the heater cartridge fused with the heater block due to a tight fit and a long print.

A while ago I had some heater blocks locally made. I was surprised that the technical drawing of the heater block (provided at the Ultimaker GitHub repo) did not specifiy the diameter of the hole for the heater cartridge.

Attached is the technical drawing of the heater block.

5a331549260ff_B1301-Z2P-Dintegratednozzle3mm.thumb.jpg.741c26cec4a8c1f9379e1d22b946acce.jpg

Does anyone know what this diameter should be? Since the heater cartridge has a 4mm diameter should the heater block hole for it have a 4.1mm diameter? Or should it be greater still? How much does the heater cartridge expand when it is heated? How much does the heater block hole expand when heated?

Thanks for helping guys.

Best regards.

Leo

5a331549260ff_B1301-Z2P-Dintegratednozzle3mm.thumb.jpg.741c26cec4a8c1f9379e1d22b946acce.jpg

Edited by Guest