Can't change the printing speed on the Snapmaker printer screen (Cura 5.5)

mknec

Posted · Can't change the printing speed on the Snapmaker printer screen (Cura 5.5)

S2ADE_Gengar.zipS2ADE_Gengar.3mf

Hi. 

Snapmaker A350 with dual extruder. 

Using Cura 5.5

I have problem with clogging in attached project after about 10 - 15 minutes of printing

First layer is very good, smooth and sticks to the bed without problem. Retraction is 0.2 mm 

Temperature in proper range. No errors in the log file from printer. 

Filament  (Left extruder) purple is PLA silk, Red is PETG.  Printing speed 50 mm/s No jerk, no acceleration. 

No postprocessing 

I expecting that PLA silk has problem with very high speed - in my opinion it is too fast. 

I tried to change printing speed using touch screen of my Snapmaker.  No reaction. Even I set 5% or 150%

New 5.5 Cura got huge printing speed improvement maybe this is small bug ? Or I just missing something. 

Previous Cura version was fine in this topic (speed change on the screen).

Can anyone check this problem ? Thanks. 

Cura 5.5 installed over previous version. Next earlier version was uninstalled

Marcin.

Posted · Can't change the printing speed on the Snapmaker printer screen (Cura 5.5)
    3 hours ago, mknec said:

I tried to change printing speed using touch screen of my Snapmaker.  No reaction. Even I set 5% or 150%

In theory, it shouldn't be a problem with Cura. Cura just produces the g-code, it's up to your printer how it deals with it. I had a look at your g-code and it seems pretty normal.

3 hours ago, mknec said:

New 5.5 Cura got huge printing speed improvement

The massive speed improvement is for the Ultimaker S series printers only. It shoudn't affect yours.

About the only idea I have for what might change between 5.4 and 5.5 would be a bug with how your printer handles the g-code comments sort of similar to the problem it had with the Ender series (which they fixed, at least for the Ender problem). Open up your gcode file (on Windows I prefer Notepad++, I'm not sure if regular notepad can even handle files that big), and delete line 10:

;TARGET_MACHINE.NAME:Snapmaker A350

Then save it and try printing it. I would say this working is a pretty long shot (so, you know, just start it printing and play with the controls on the printer, no need to wait for it to print a lot) but it's the only idea I can think of right now.

3 hours ago, mknec said:

I expecting that PLA silk has problem with very high speed

Among other things. Pretty, but a major hassle to deal with. I usually have to increase the flow a bit because it's so slippery the extruder can't get a good grip.

Thank you for your post.

I decided to roll back and install Cura 5.4, sliced the model, and put it to print. However, I encountered the same problem.

In the meantime, there was a Snapmaker firmware update, which suggests that the issue might indeed be on the Snapmaker side, as you mentioned.

I will investigate further and keep you updated.

One thing that seems to work regarding the speed change issue is adjusting the printing speed before pressing the START button on the screen. I have managed to get 85% speed, which accounts for about 30% of the printout. Additionally, I performed a nozzle cleaning using the cleaning filament and changed both to the same PETG.

Nevertheless, I will verify the speed problem by slicing in Luban, removing the line you mentioned, and slicing in Cura 5.5, but this time with a very simple model and with no infill and support.

MK