Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
johna

Ringing on single wall print

Nope, that looks surprisingly smooth coming from OpenSCAD, I'm used to seeing all kinds of faceting on those models.

In that case I would look at slowing down the print and lowering acceleration as mentioned in the post I linked to.

Don't slow it down! Just reduce acceleration.

Here are the results of someone's experiment - only lowering acceleration helped - consider 1000mm/sec - posting #8:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2532-prevent-ringing-wobbly-surface-after-sharp-corners/?p=18006

HOWEVER, looking at his pictures and your picture they look quite a bit different. I'm not convinced that is ringing.

It's official, that's the first time gr5 has NOT recommended to slow down :eek: Also, I already linked that post ;)

The size of the artifacts is what threw me off as well but I figured if he slowed down and reduced acceleration we would remove those variables.