A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?
Try IRC

I want the chat room T.T

Every time I go to IRC it's quiet.

I'm starting to like the community page. I find it quite good now I'm used to it.

• 1 month later...

How has everyone been doing?

Personally I had a great weekend! :)

Just turned 30 on Thursday, had a great party on Friday and Saturday. Was a great opportunity to invite all my cousins, uncle's and aunt's which I don't see very frequently and catch up.

Summer is finally catching on here in the Netherlands.. which means I am already on my third sunburn this year ;) How was your weekend?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying a holiday with the family in Sweden atm... great nature great lake's!!!! Just a bit too much flies and bugs :) enjoyed a bit of canoeing today.

I'm in the south... and the weather is pretty nice and sunny the last few days... not very hot but that was to be expected... and the miljons of flies where only at a lake... having a good time in Sweden so far.

Oh, ok :) I think I read "mosquitos" instead of "flies" :p

As for the weather, bleh, it's pretty terrible where I am. It's raining right now for example and it hasn't been very hot except for about a week. Then again, I hate the heat so for me it's not the worst thing in the world.

Green graph is last year:

temps.thumb.JPG.b2711f52571f922e96f8ea55773a0bea.JPG

temps.thumb.JPG.b2711f52571f922e96f8ea55773a0bea.JPG

Northeast USA here....supposed to be a beautiful day but alas the clouds are currently hiding the sun!

Taking my boys to hit golf boys and then a bit of house work and then printer maintenance.

Have a good one.

Today was a good day. I didn't click on "applications" but went "products" in the search for the latest Cura release, though I did hover over "applications".

Anyway, got bored, didn't want to study, so firing up that Ultimaker again.

Cold and miserable day here so i finished off tanning some rabbit and hare skins that i Had dug out of the freezer from a recent hunt.

Checked on my fermenting cane juice that has gotten to a nice high alcohol level and trying out my UM2go again to see if i can get it to print right.

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

You know why white wine selling so well in Norway in the summer?

- because it always maintains the correct temperature, by itself;  beween 11-13 degrees!

Anders Olsson visited me yesterday! We tried some new procedures on my 60 year old German lathe.  Today going to turn down lots of steel couplers which are all 20 microns too large.

We also discussed and made plans for a completely new kind of nozzles.

Weather is horrible..

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Cold and miserable day here so i finished off tanning some rabbit and hare skins that i Had dug out of the freezer from a recent hunt.

Checked on my fermenting cane juice that has gotten to a nice high alcohol level and trying out my UM2go again to see if i can get it to print right.

'Tanning some rabbit skin..'? What's that?

I'll make sure your UM2Go will work, or you will get one that works! :)

You know why white wine selling so well in Norway in the summer?

- because it always maintains the correct temperature, by itself;  beween 11-13 degrees!

Anders Olsson visited me yesterday! We tried some new procedures on my 60 year old German lathe.  Today going to turn down lots of steel couplers which are all 20 microns too large.

We also discussed and made plans for a completely new kind of nozzles.

Weather is horrible..

Lol! We could start drinking white wine too. This week would even have been a lousy autumn! ;)

Well.. more reasons to stay indoors and fire up that Ultimaker! ;)

How did the 60y/o Lathe work? Why did you go with a 60 y/o one? Because you had it around or do you prefer it for some reason?

I prefer the 60 (or is it 65) year old lathe form Germany ( Eh... West Germany) because it is extremely accurate! I Can drill 0.1mm holes with a precision of 0.005mm.  There is are noe bearings which rattle, everything is silent.. so when I turn it by hand it makes totally no noise I can hear (maybe getting old). The motor makes a wheee though...

I had some nozzles made in Taiwan and they came in horrible. All 040s where 033-038. So I had to drill them all out.  Never again. I do it myself now. The lathe can operate without chucks, just uses colletts. So just a move by the hand ("-these arent the droids you are looking for-") to change a nozzle. haha!

I also have an Austrian EMCO, which is stronger and has auto-feed, but it cannot drill so accurately, but still many times better than any (any!) Chinese lathe like Sieg etc..image.thumb.jpg.d57bd23f9ac09fc5313e8caf926bb217.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d57bd23f9ac09fc5313e8caf926bb217.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 3

Why did you go with a 60 y/o one?

@SandervG: don't you know the latest photos showing the 3dsolex workshop? Can you imagine a machine that outperforms the precision of this one:

42_EmoticonsHDcom.png

Photo-02.03.15-14.06.18-e1425301698834.jpg

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpg.d57bd23f9ac09fc5313e8caf926bb217.jpg

Oh shit ! It's a piece of art :)

'Tanning some rabbit skin..'? What's that?

One of these

[media=3885][/media]

Turned into one of these :p

[media=3886][/media]

@swordriff that's a pretty mint lathe. awesome, i wish i had one.

Hey @labern: that Rabbit- trick, is that very quick- like Ruck- Zack ?

Hey @labern: that Rabbit- trick, is that very quick- like Ruck- Zack ?

I'm not 100% sure what your asking but It takes about 30 seconds to remove the skin, and about 1 week to turn to leather.

You soak it for 3 days in a solution then dry, apply leather lube and stretch.

Well the germans are known for their well-build mechanics.. I could imagine that within 60 years a more refined lathe, or easier/lighter to use would be build, that is why I asked. But you sound pretty convincing ;)

@Labern, how do you hunt the rabbits? With a trap, so the skin doesn't get damaged or are you like a highly trained sniper? ;)

Are you making something, or do you have to many rabbits in your garden and you found a hobby in getting rid of them?

I have so many of those "rabbit" things in my yard - just like the photo above.  I probably have 10 living just in my yard alone.  Plus another 40 that wander over for a visit occasionally.  You should see the fencing my wife had to put up around her garden - it goes underground.  It is very strong!

I could make a LOT of rabbit skins and no one would mind. But me.  Not interested.  Plus my dog would probably tear that skin apart.

otis_bed.thumb.jpg.41e31aa0b33e963eda9a5f014926202c.jpg

He may look cute here - but the rabbits don't agree! The rabbits fear this dog big time.

otis_bed.thumb.jpg.41e31aa0b33e963eda9a5f014926202c.jpg

Edited by Guest

@Sander I'm more of a sniper. I'm actually better when they are running. Got them on our last deer hunt to have something different in the freezer. But the skins make nice soft arm rests. I have a few so might make a cushion.

@Gr5 haha, I would love to have a dog. Where I'm staying now my section is to small. :(