A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

@labern: I still do not understand "the 30 second process"; I mean, is it static = = Would the fluffy thing in @gr5 s bed also take just 30 seconds?

About the old german lathe and mill; they have not become any better. It is like a violin I suppose...

@labern: I still do not understand "the 30 second process"; I mean, is it static = = Would the fluffy thing in @gr5 s bed also take just 30 seconds?

You cut around both feet, then from the inside of one leg to the other, then stand on the feet and pull the skin up. like removing a clove. when you get to the head you just gut around and it pulls off.

Not static though as some animals have thick tough skin and muscles that attach on the back.

deer takes about 5 - 10mins and you need to punch around the skin and cut away the muscle.

Wallaby, although small there are really hard bits to get off and hard to get a nice central cut all the way down the tail. I skinned a whole one once including the eye-lids, nose, ears and fingers and it took me like an hour.

Haven't tried a dog but I'm guessing it would be pretty fast. :)

@gr5, if I didn't know any better I would think you live at a petting zoo! ;)

40 rabbits?? Gee.. do they come through the fence?

@Labern, ..punch the skin? So you first shoot the animal, and then punch it when it is already dead? Sounds kinda like the american action movie style; shoot first; ask questions later :p

What did you use the Wallaby skin for? Did you stuff it?

@swordriff @labern: I hope for you that @gr5's reation on your discussion about his dog will be more relaxed than that of @Daid when someone threatened to kidnap his cat about one and a half years ago... :)

I don't think I have seen that response.. but that is maybe for the better :p

I don't think I have seen that response.. but that is maybe for the better :p

https://ultimaker.com/en/general-discussion/view/4058-ultimaker-2-shipping-wait-time

@Sander yeah using your fist in between the flesh and skin punching away is just the easiest way to go.

I have heard some people use compressed air.

I make sure I give them a big hug while I hang them up though so I guess that's nice.

The skin is lying next to my bed to keep my feet warm when I get up. They are super soft. But I should have stuffed it. All that work went to waist as I ended up removing some of it.

@dim3nsioneer I have no intent on even thinking about harming his nice dog. I was merely stating that all animals are different and I have no experience on that species.

@dim3nsioneer, oh the good old days ;)

@labern, 'I make sure I give them a big hug while I hang them up though so I guess that's nice. ' LOL! :D

oh, and without going off topic; I heard we are going to replace your UM2Go :)

@labern, 'I make sure I give them a big hug while I hang them up though so I guess that's nice. ' LOL! :D

oh, and without going off topic; I heard we are going to replace your UM2Go :)

Yeah I'm pretty happy about that, It would have been nice to have found the cause but I tried everything I could thing of.

Hope it gets me back into printing again as I have a few ideas to start working on.

If you haven't yet, you will be contacted by my colleague from tech support.

You could ask her to notify you about the cause of your problem once she figured it out.

Ok, back on topic. Who else likes to kill animals? :p

Didnt want to start a new topic but could someone take a quick measurement for me? I need the distance from the table the printer is standing on to the bottom edge of the display on the um2.

Didnt want to start a new topic but could someone take a quick measurement for me? I need the distance from the table the printer is standing on to the bottom edge of the display on the um2.

27mm on mine

Great, thanks :)

You have made me curious IRobertI ;)

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Those guys from Scandinavia are always up to something... ;)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Just back from Scandinavia... driving all day from Sweden. Had a nice relaxing holiday on the south coast in a cute wooden house with a huge garden. Found 2 good looking hot-end-isolators in the mail from @swordriff so I have some work to do the coming days :)

• Like 1

You have made me curious IRobertI ;)

Hehe. It'll get posted eventually. Still a ways to go, it's taking longer than I had hoped but I guess that's what vacations are for.

At fab11 in Boston this week - me with a big screw printed in 6 hours and the famous Joris in the background with his "elephant printer" aka "infinite Z hack". That's my green UMO that he turned inside-out. :(

5a331002956dc_2015-08-0318_55_31.thumb.jpg.aa38f49bbe1b96dee484de1c1051c39e.jpg

• Like 4

Ken holds a printed scan of Joris' daughter at fab11 in Boston.

5a331002e478a_2015-08-0318_56_24.thumb.jpg.8199a816bc434036bbb944c4c6d6e3c7.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

At fab11 in Boston this week - me with a big screw printed in 6 hours and the famous Joris in the background with his "elephant printer" aka "infinite Z hack".  That's my green UMO that he turned inside-out.  :(

Just make sure your UMO is not screwed up on the scale of that screw... ;)

Have fun, guys!

Edited by Guest

At fab11 in Boston this week - me with a big screw printed in 6 hours and the famous Joris in the background with his "elephant printer" aka "infinite Z hack".  That's my green UMO that he turned inside-out.  :(

5a331002956dc_2015-08-0318_55_31.thumb.jpg.aa38f49bbe1b96dee484de1c1051c39e.jpg

You guys get to have all the fun. Looks like an interesting event. I guess you'll just be screwing around the whole time :p

• Like 2

haha yes it is a very fun event! Not that many guests as a 3D printshow or Makerfaire but a lot of smart people and spontaneous events and workshops. Very interactive and free.

Today we had to evacuate because of a hurricane thread or whatever, but it all ended well.

Tomorrow it is @Foehnsturm's turn for the workshop, we'll learn all about his magnetic interchangable printhead :)

Not often you see an Ultimaker screwed up against the wall....

I did one of those workout things again... It's been a while... 8 months or so while... *ugh* It needs to be done, I'm pretty much right back where I started like 2-3 years ago and I hate myself for it.

I did one of those workout things again... It's been a while... 8 months or so while... *ugh* It needs to be done, I'm pretty much right back where I started like 2-3 years ago and I hate myself for it.

For 2 years I went to the gym every day (work gym). Was laid off in October 2014 and no gym for a few months. Just started going 4-5 times a week again. Feels good to be getting fit again! (Though at 45, those weight routines pain you for several days after!)

• Like 2