A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

hahaha! Congratulations @Electromu!

Did you also feed it some special filament to celebrate?

I knew about the song-application, but the fan blowing out the candle was a great touch and the confetti was the figurative speaking cherry on the cake!!

I'll forward this to our department, I'm sure they'll love it!

Thank You SandervG.

No special filament to celebrate but à new pt100 and new aluminium block+peek isolator ^^ and two day off for the printer ;)

@LePaul and @Titus Yes it's a little flag made with tape for seeing micro movements ^^

• Like 1

Me and R2 at a private showing  :)

12369086_10153749883835169_3113420089405816043_n.thumb.jpg.17324caeae2c8ddcf303c30c6b045966.jpg

There is only one way to reply to this:

> No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

> Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

> No! No! No!

• Like 1

Looks nice @labern! Is it your daily limit of what you can eat or what you are allowed to catch? ;)

@LePaul, excellent! I haven't seen it yet, so no spoilers please!! (I am surprised I have survived the internet so far :p) You must have received TONS of cool reactions when in the cinema?

Just watching return on the jedi before I go out ...!

I feel like I'm the only one on the planet that doesn't really care that a new Star Wars movie is out... Can't be arsed to go to the cinema to see it (not the least because all the showings on the biggest screen are in bloody 3D. I HATE that shit).

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Just watching return on the jedi before I go out ...!

As you would have forgotten one single detail... ;)

@IrobertI: Just for the records... you hate 3D... :D

Edited by Guest

IRobertI, not the only one man! I can also say that I don't like the 3D stuff in the cinemas... makes me feel uncomfortalbe (can't really explain it).

I agree the 3D aspect is over-rated. But...we all hate anything 3D right :p

Once I get my hands on the Rift and Vive I'll be watching 3D movies aplenty. The resolution will be a bit crap, but the 3D aspect of it is so much better in VR. I would almost rather watch a 3D movie on my DK1 than in the theatre. What I hate with 3D movies as it is now is the horrendous apparent framerate and the loss of brightness.

Looks nice @labern! Is it your daily limit of what you can eat or what you are allowed to catch? ;)

:) there is a limit of 7 per person per day and minimum size of 30cm for snapper.

It's the favorite eating fish of the region so they limit how many people can take.

Aaand this is why I've stopped posting anything of value to Thingiverse/Youmagine:

Aaand this is why I've stopped posting anything of value to Thingiverse/Youmagine:

That is just wrong.

Yeah, sure it's bad behaviour, but I can't see why it should stop you share anything?

I assume you did not intend to build a business around this thing? if so I missed the kickstarter:)

Seems to me it's just a stupid action of a young guy, the fact that we're dicussing it now is proof you can't just do this and get away with it without it being noticed.

Sure, if you have something real good, something real innovative, it's wise to build your own business before you share it, but I still believe sharing brings more good than bad. Sure it's wise Ultimaker, BCN3D, etc keep there new products closed for half a year before they release the blueprint, but it's a new fact of life that sharing & stealing is super easy.

I think the foolish action of this young guy should not stop you from sharing, I do think you should have kickstarter take this thing down though... did you notify them already?

• Like 3

Oh so that design is yours Robert? Did they atleast change it some-what or direct copy.

I`m starting to get annoyed at the 3D printing arena, this whole atmosphere of " things are open source" and "everything should be free and shared etc" ... doesnt mean people should blatantly steal stuff for their own gains!

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Oh so that design is yours Robert?  Did they atleast change it some-what or direct copy.

@skint - you can take a look and compare it for yourself...

It's a license violence - point. Even one of the pictures is stolen.

Brashly impertinent..., dorky-cocky... whatever...

Edited by Guest

Oh so that design is yours Robert?  Did they atleast change it some-what or direct copy.

@skint - you can take a look and compare it for yourself...

It's a license violence - point. Even one of the pictures is stolen.

Brashly impertinent..., dorky-cocky... whatever...

Oh Sh** yeah I see what you mean. That`s just terrible. I am sure that if Robert were to pursue any form of legal case against kickstarter he would win hands down though, if it were to come to that. The bloody cheek of some people!

I would hope no legal action would be necessary... its so super obvious I guess 1 email to kickstarter would be enough to take it down, this must be against there rules...

I started by sending a message to the dude first to give him the chance to not be an asshole. If that doesn't work, I'll go to kickstarter, looks like a pain in the arse though.

• Like 1